Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing we need to add here is a 'gripe' session for bad vendors/customer service. Sure we all have had good/bad experiences but there are some places to be avoided .

Anyhow IMHO a place to avoid is Accessory Source Direct. In a nutshell, they charge you immediately for a product they don't even have in stock, call you once telling you your order will ship 12 days later(at least he called), then 3 days later still nothing confirming it shipped, doesn't return call(has an answering machine, not a service or even phone company voice mail) until well after business hours and says I'll find out monday when it's going to ship.

Of course at this point, I am a PO'd nasty customer demanding the order be cancelled and that a charge back be done to my credit card. Supplier states, he can't do that, it may be in transit(YOU DON"T KNOW??).

Monday afternoon comes around no contact no e-mail. I e-mail him for status and he sends back to me:
After listening to nothing but anger coming from your side of the conversation, we decided to just to cancel your order. We called the manufacturer, bright and early this morning, and put a stop on your order.

You will receive a complete refund, along with a credit memo. Your $99.95 will be refunded within 24 hours.
Well 3 days later, still no credit, yet another e-mail asking for my credit. We will send you a check. A check??? why ??? Company policy he states. Excuse me, just credit my account. I don't want a personal/business check that I have to go out of my way to get to the bank. Sorry, you've already wasted enough of my time. Needless to say, I'm not waiting for a check but started a chargeback to my account.
Yeah, I feel I was a little hard a$$ed about this, but this truly was lousy service.
I've vented, I feel better now. Maybe I was wrong, but jeez, if you can't deliver the product on time, at least tell your customers something better than 'I Don't Know".

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Just be careful...

One bad deal doesn't make for an all around bad vendor. It's better to handle your initial problems with vendors offline. If it becomes a trend, then it will show eventually.

I would hate to see a good vendor get ragged on because one of their employees screwed up one deal.

I don't know if you did but be sure to research before you buy. Sometimes buying from vendors you see bragged about eliminates these kinds of things.

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree Hoot, one bad visit doesn't make or break a vendor. Than again, unless someone throws a name out, you don't get a good or bad feel. Plus if I did just have a bad experience, most people would offer up the CSR person that they dealt with that treated them right and would offer up a person to contact to fix the issues.

Either way, I can name more good vendors than bad ones.

I just hate it when you try someone new and it ends up being a nightmare!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
agree with above on that one person could cause a bad rap for a vender.. but after what sounds like weeks and many many contacts, surely more then one persone was involved at that point.

Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To the best of my knowledge, there is only one person running this place.

Anyhow, out of fairness I'll go as far as to hold up a caution flag for this vendor. Your experience may differ!!

3 weeks yesterday since this started. Now all this was for was a Line of Fire LED bar(a 99.95 part). Nothing fancy. More headache than it was worth. JPCustoms offers this product as well, once I get my credit, I'll spend my money with him.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
JPCustoms is the way to go ..... Willing to bet the transaction is as smooth as glass ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Edited by: geno

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
You guys need to get a hold of your seed bag, and make a call to your CC company. You can cancel the transaction in a few minites. I have done that twice. Maybe I didn't need to, but I wanted to make sure I was not charged. I was able to get the shipping charges cancelled also.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Edited by: geno

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the start for the chargeback. It's a 12 day grace period for the vendor to credit me. I'm a little better off than geno since I never received the product. I was/am over 3 weeks into this as well.

The only time I heard from the vendor was about 3 days after I placed the order. Said there was a delay and it would be shipped on the 23rd from the manufacturer in MN(2 days most UPS ground).

Now this late into it, it's between him and the CC company. I will get a refund, but probably not for another week or so.

Than again, he stated he sent me a check 24hrs after my last e-mail contact. Still waiting on that as well.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
geno said:
Hoot

I disagree, I purchased a set of boards from a co that came well recomeneded from a post on THE DIESEL PLACE. I ordered a set for my dually and they would not fit, returned them and now I am going thro the same problems that Victory Red is going through. Calls and E mails and all I get is I will call you Back. Still no credit, call or e mails. I feel we should warn our fellow members about these type of people so they wont get taken as we have. Im out over $450 bucks and it looks like im gonna have to take a trip to Texas to get satisfaction. Get a area started I bet you will be supprised at the response it will get.

Geno
I'd be PO'd too if someone recommended them and I had some confidence.... then a screwup occurs.

Parts not fitting could be attributed to bad communication. What was the reason for not fitting? Were they for a different truck than yours?

What I have learned is that most vendors go out of their way to make things right when something does happen. At least that has been my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts