Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I origianlly bought my predator from RWTD and had great service. every questions was answered and always helpful.

Well when my truck had check engine light come on while i was on the turnpike in 40hp setting(multiple different trips) i decided this was not right. I called diablo sport and asked them what they could do to help fix it, well with a slight attitude they asked me to read the code. problem is i already cleared them so the light would go away. he told me to see if it happens again and to get the code. well my only problem with that is this occured while i was trailering my 37' foot goldrush with very expensive race car. well i am not going to take the risk of breaking down just to let them know what code it was. Also the speed limiter has never been able to be diabled. The service guy kinda blew that off, telling me that it was my fault.

I guess i will some how figure all this out, until then people please learn from others mistakes.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
I would guess it is an Overboost code.........

Seen it myself in the beginning running some of the tunes.....

Keep us up to date.if the problem continues get the code.

T
NY

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Where is James ????

This will get him going IF he's lurking in the shadows ....

In Diablo's defense how would they know that the problem is Predator related with out the code atleast ??

What if the DTC was not performance related ??

Always best to write them DTC's down prior to clearing ...

Mac

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, i can kinda understand they would need to have the code, but on my part is it worth risking my truck and trailer to find ot what the damn thing is.

In a perfect world i would love to be able to send it back to them and have them send me one that does not throw the codes, and enables me to dissable the speed limiter....but this is not a perfect world

Other than that this product performs excellent, just wondering if anyone else can relate. thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have also tried to contact James about some things and he has never replied. I have probably sent 2 or 3 emails the past couple of monthes and havent heard anything. Not good for his business.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have contacted James a few times and gotten a fast responce. Have you tried to call him? Might want to try that first.

Edited by: dogger

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Without a code it's a crap shoot. I don't see what risk there would be in reading the code prior to erasing...

What intake are you running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts