Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rather than going out and buying a freeze plug to put in the hole for the snorkel /silencer. i figured why not use something around the home. or better yet the truck. i took a hack saw and cut up the snorkel. took the end piece and fit it in. you'll note i left some meat on the end piece as a guard against the piece getting sucked in. i'm sure someone will chime in and tell me why it is better to use the freeze plug to plug the hole and i welcome the advice. if it's good advice i might just run out and get one. till then this seems to work but have not run the engine since doing it. will post results once i do. and i know it looks as though there is a hole going into the turbo but it is plugged it's an optical illusion. Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I did this to mine too, but I used a freeze plug.
;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I used a hunk of fat wood.

Not really, mine did not have the silencer on it.

Good idea.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
is that what that snorkel is a silencer?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Naw, you caught us:D We was just joking!:D

:rolleyes::funnypost :bleah:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yep, it's a turbo muffler.

I'm assuming that after the air box upgrade the turbo must have been louder so this is the thing the great minds came up with.

Or, it's a place to dry out your stash.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i used a univeral ruber freeze plug, that with the clamp is a nice tight fit that will never slip

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DavidPhillips;1579614; said:
Yep, it's a turbo muffler.

I'm assuming that after the air box upgrade the turbo must have been louder so this is the thing the great minds came up with.

Or, it's a place to dry out your stash.
it's not the place to dry out my stash. i use the feezer. that way it's freeze dried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts