Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had poor mileage and was wondering if there codes could be the culprite.....If anyone out there could give me some advice I woud appreciate it. Thanks

codes
17 high res cht fail
10 cam ref pulse error
19 crank ref error
35 inj pw short
49 sts lamp cht fault
86 low ratio error-injector

-Tyler

·
Registered
522 Posts
What year truck?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You running diesel? The winter fuel is not as good as normal fuel and always decreases fuel mileage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a 1995 sorry i will update that

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
All but the STS and ratio error can be caused by your fuel of choice - try some staright #2 with cetane booster to see if that clears up.

Replace the STS bulb for that one.

DTC86 is about your transmission - slipping in 1st or 2nd - concentrate on the fuel symptoms first, tho

·
Registered
435 Posts
gmctd;1575123; said:
DTC86 is about your transmission - slipping in 1st or 2nd - concentrate on the fuel symptoms first, tho
gmctd,

We all here know of my moronic tendencies but, I wanted to venture out on a limb anyway.

Given the very limited operating RPM range of the diesel...wouldn't transmission slipping be a much higher factor in mileage than in a gasser (given the much wider RPM operating range)?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Correct, and good point on the transmission, but it was slipping in 1st or 2nd range, not 4th and TCC.

Need to address the Inj Pump DTC's first, while it's still running.

Also - assessing or acknowledging suitability for TAKS testing is not within the scope of this commentator..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts