Diesel Place banner

choice for new truck Long bed or short bed

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
i wanted a long bed, but i got tired of waiting for one Below wholesale price (ive come tothe conclusion that they just don't exist), so i gotthe shorty

LONG BED!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ever try to maneuver and park in the parking lots with a long bed truck in CA? What a PIA, a short bed crew cab is challenging enough. The parking lots & spaces are so tight around here, they think everyone should drive a micro-car.
Can't wait to move out of state. . . c'mon retirement! Seven years! !

·
Registered
462 Posts
Of course a long bed!! I don't like my feet sticking out the end of the bed. :^)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You know when I went from a regular cab long box to and extended cab short box I thought it would suck for working... But I can get everything I need in the truck without a problem, so it works for me. I didn't want a longer truck, so I didn't want an extended cab long bed. Got used the short box and got my duramax as a short box, it works all year on the farm no problems...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've owned both, the long bed has been far better as far as being a workhorse. When I had my shortbed all I really did was drive around in it, now that I actually use my truck the long bed is nice to have the extra space, if i were to choose a truck I'd take a regular cab long bed.

Real Trucks have and 8' bed IMO

·
Registered
992 Posts
Until they offer a super short bed crew cab (which they wont) Ill always have my long box reguar cab.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Short bed crew cab! I'd much rather have/use the INSIDE space rather than the OUTSIDE space. --Paul.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Short bed...Long box won't fit in the garage...):h

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Until they offer a super short bed crew cab (which they wont) Ill always have my long box reguar cab.
Ben46a -

I think that you will want to check the dealerships. I saw a "super short" box on a CC truck a few weeks ago and didn't realize it until later I was reading that GM now offers (3) different bed lengths...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Short bed. Wife loves driving it, if she's happy I'am happy!:)
I think that the real short bed is the 1500 CC only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ever try to maneuver and park in the parking lots with a long bed truck in CA? What a PIA, a short bed crew cab is challenging enough. The parking lots & spaces are so tight around here, they think everyone should drive a micro-car.
Can't wait to move out of state. . . c'mon retirement! Seven years! !
Ditto in SE FL. In metro areas a SB helps unless you need that LB to haul stuff or plan to tow for hire with companies that require LB.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Work Truck. Longbox

·
Registered
443 Posts
Short bed crew cab! I'd much rather have/use the INSIDE space rather than the OUTSIDE space. --Paul.
Do both; crew cab long bed!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Retired. Don't need a work truck anymore. Short does it for me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts