Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:HiHi:

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question to everyone....... Do you guys think the Trump admin. is bullying the UN? Yes or No

I say no, what say you?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As long as we pay a far HIGHER percentage than any other country...WE have the right to call the shots. If they don't like it...get out of our country and the money stops coming altogether.

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
Question to everyone....... Do you guys think the Trump admin. is bullying the UN? Yes or No

I say no, what say you?
I think yes, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Trump with his vague threats: "... We'll save a lot; We don't care." Sounds petulant, even childish.

It's obvious that we DO care; enough, in fact, that it's no longer ok that the 'lesser' nations "beard the paper dragon" in this fashion.

I wish he would be more direct... I actually quite like the way Nikki Haley phrased it. She was direct, subtle, yet the implication was clear:

Go ahead. Piss us off. Next time you need us, we might not be so willing to step up and spill American blood defending your interests.

No threat made, no abdication of responsibility. We DO care. Your move.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You make some valid points Jif, I kinda think the US has been such a doormat to the UN for such a long time that now that the US is rightfully (IMO) exercising some power, I suppose it could be taken as "bullying". Maybe it is, I guess it depends on what the definition of bullying is and how much one likes or dislikes the president.:HiHi:

I wholeheartedly think we should stop borrowing money to turn around give to those countries who don't support us. Hell, we should even stop borrowing money for those countries that do support us. :HiHi:

And Jif, I completely agree I much prefer Nikki's choice of words much more than the donald's.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Lots of dollars in creating "conditions".

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Nikki is the bomb! Yes, we are finally showing some intestinal fortitude with regards to the United Nations, which has been needed for years. Bullying, not so much imho.
Other than assistance to our northern neighbors as needed, we shouldn't give money to any country until we are financially stable as a country.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!! :coolnana:

Fun facts to bore your friends :HiHi:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Speaking of fun New Year's facts, I got a kick out of a pair of twins that were born a few minutes apart - one December 31st and one January 1 - 1999 and 2000! I bet they have fun with the 'born last century / born this century thing. :HiHi:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

"Public pressure", hm, now where have I heard that mentioned before.... Perhaps why Trump tweets. Public pressure - vital in a government of the people.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Speaking of shredders, don't ever buy a shredder unless you know that it is DNC approved! It's the only thing that the DNC has that is guaranteed to work! :HiHi:
"This shredder carries the seal of approval from the DNC" -- Great idea for a parody commercial on SNL someone that makes fun of democrats.

I really do miss the days of equal opportunity jokes back when all were fair game.

Hey, on that, I rented "Get Out" a few weeks ago because I like scary flicks. Turned out it was just ok (3 out of 5 stars at best), not very scary and a bit oddish attempt at being a sorta parody. This morning I heard it is an award winner and in the running for some of the bigger awards like Oscar. Only reason I can figure is it did make notice of how "black is the new hip". But it wasn't like a political statement. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing THAT is exactly why it is getting accolades - it's little note about black being the new fad and liberals jumping on anything remotely "preachy". I mention it because if I said these things after you all could say, yea sure you knew that mp. :HiHi:

1 - 20 of 3006 Posts