Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pmd **** the bed and my k2500 was a hand me down from my grandpa. He had like 3 spare pmds but 1 won't fit at all and the other two are no Bueno.

My roomates step-dad is a mechanic and says there are 5 diffrent pmds for diffrent pumps or whatever. They each have their own stamped number in the plastic to tell them apart.
Is anyone familiar with this?
The parts people are a pain in the ass to talk to about it because they can't even find a matching number. Unless I need to find someone who actually knows there stuff who works there.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Lucas

·
Administrator
19,899 Posts
My pmd **** the bed and my k2500 was a hand me down from my grandpa. He had like 3 spare pmds but 1 won't fit at all and the other two are no Bueno.

My roomates step-dad is a mechanic and says there are 5 diffrent pmds for diffrent pumps or whatever. They each have their own stamped number in the plastic to tell them apart.
Is anyone familiar with this?
The parts people are a pain in the ass to talk to about it because they can't even find a matching number. Unless I need to find someone who actually knows there stuff who works there.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Lucas
Welcome to DieselPlace

Any brand of PMD will work. You just have to modify the Connector by removing the keys on the inside of the plug. (As shown in the link)

The one important thing to look for is to make sure the replacement PMD has a resistor installed onto the pins

(y)

Reactions: Texas Diesel Guy

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,226 Posts
If you need to buy PMD, I suggest to buy it from Leroy Diesel.
He seems to be a more reliable supplier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts