Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what others opinions are? I relocated my PMD to the standard front bumper location with a new PMD no. 9 resistor. I swear it starts easier, runs better and smokes less. Is it just a placebo effect or does a new PMD actually improve these things?
1998 6.5 k2500 stock 3" exhaust

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Was wondering what others opinions are? I relocated my PMD to the standard front bumper location with a new PMD no. 9 resistor. I swear it starts easier, runs better and smokes less. Is it just a placebo effect or does a new PMD actually improve these things?
1998 6.5 k2500 stock 3" exhaust
your old pmd was probably getting bad and now you can notice that with one that functions properly

·
Registered
278 Posts
What is PMD?

·
6.5TD Post Addict
9,886 Posts
What is PMD?
PMD-Pump Mounted Driver
FSD-Fuel Solenoid Driver

Both are the same part used by the ECM to trigger the fuel solenoid in the IP for fuel delivery on an electronically controlled IP on a 6.5 diesel.

The PMD takes the 5 volt signal from the ECM and with the aid of transistors triggers the 12 volt high current requirements of the fuel solenoid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.