Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey diesel'natics...easy one for you. what kind of screws hold the PMD module to the injector pump. i cant really tell by looking down there right now. you see, i am doing my best to prep for removal of the little bugger as "My Garage" heater doesn't work, the roof leaks snow, wind, and rain, and the walls are pretty drafty being without lumber as they are.

so with the 10 degF temps:cool2: , and -10 degF wind chiiiilllllll I'll be moving fast and placing my tools on the woodstove before they go into my pockets. when i venture into "My Garage" to work on this puppy i want to be ready. thats why i am curious about the screw size or type eh?

and i gotta say, some of you seem to really dig this new virtual "My Garage" thing as do i, kinda sorta, but its really not doing it for me up North here when i really gotta do some diesesel work. my wife liked the idea of me getting a virtual garage though, so much so she spent all my real garage money at "virtually" every shoe store in the mall.....Censored

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Allen screws IIRC.

But now would be a good time to get that remote mounted PMD. Install the bad boy in a fraction of the time. Then you dont hafta take half your engine apart and freeze your Censored off as long. :D IMHO.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
FYI:

I remote mounted mine by drilling out the holes in the corners of the PMD to 1/4" and using a 1/4-20 bolt with big washers though it.

No problems so far (2 years and umpteen thousand miles)

Tim

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Its a torx screw, T-15 or T-20 can't recall off hand, I used an allen key shaped torx (L shape) to get the bottom ones and it worked sweet

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
FYI:

I remote mounted mine by drilling out the holes in the corners of the PMD to 1/4" and using a 1/4-20 bolt with big washers though it.

No problems so far (2 years and umpteen thousand miles)

Tim
Thats a good idea Tim.......where were you when I had my PMD mounted on the pump?:D

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Its a torx screw, T-15 or T-20 can't recall off hand, I used an allen key shaped torx (L shape) to get the bottom ones and it worked sweet
Nick's right. T-15

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beautious guys, thanks, will be hard at it this weekend...

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Thats a good idea Tim.......where were you when I had my PMD mounted on the pump?:D

Believe me, I sat there for half an hour with drill in hand wondering if drilling the holes would kill the FSD. Finally, I figured "no guts, no glory" and drilled 'em.

Next time I get the drivers side battery out, I'll try to get a picture.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts