Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the problems we have had with the Stanadyne fuel module, why has there not been a class action suit? It has been proven it is defective in use as OEM required installation. Why do we spend hundreds of dollars replacing a defective part with a defective part?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Part is not Defective its placement under the hood is.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Installed operational parameters exceed the componets design criteria of the part. (Temps the part can be exposed to, exceed the design limits of the componets.)

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
GM warrantied it for 120,000 miles and/or 11 years. What more do you want?

·
Registered
481 Posts

+1

Not to mention that it made the trucks prices drop a lot so they are easily affordable.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I agree here but make sure that this fellow is not mislead by your statement.

GM never had a warranty on the pumps and/or PMD units that had coverage like that when the trucks were initially built and sold. It was only after all the continuing problems that this warranty was offered.

I recently had a freind that replaced the pump and pmd on his pickup at the local GM dealer. They charged him in excess of $2500 for the repairs. He did not know about the extended warranty, nor did the stealer offer up the information. He was quite surprised when a cheque showed up in his mailbox reimbursing him for the repair bill. GM sent the cheque out without him even knowing his truck had extended warranty on the fuel control parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
unfortunatly there r alot of us that jus by the trucks w/o doin research into them. i am guilty, i still would of bought the truck but i would have been more prepared for what has and is coming

·
Registered
865 Posts
My trucks a 99 with 82,000 miles, so if mine craps out GM will replace it?

So should I hold off on getting the PMD relocated so when it craps out GM will replace it for free and maybe even the Injection Pump

·
Registered
935 Posts
I bought my 94 with 160,000 on the meter a few years ago. I have 299,000 on it now. PMD that came with the truck mounted on the pump is still mounted on the pump and working fine. That's 139,000 miles and lord knows how many before I owned it. I think the secret to keeping these things working is making sure there is plenty of fuel going through the IP.
Ted

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
My trucks a 99 with 82,000 miles, so if mine craps out GM will replace it?

So should I hold off on getting the PMD relocated so when it craps out GM will replace it for free and maybe even the Injection Pump
I'd leave it where it is. Turbine Doc has tips for getting GM warranty. They make more money changing out the whole unit so I doubt any dealer would push just for a PMD replacement. If you move the PMD they could refuse warranty if they so desired.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'd leave it where it is. Turbine Doc has tips for getting GM warranty. They make more money changing out the whole unit so I doubt any dealer would push just for a PMD replacement. If you move the PMD they could refuse warranty if they so desired.

Thats what I was thinking. So If I just leave it stock I figure if my PMD fails in the next 2 years I'll pretty much get a new Injection pump. So if you guys were me would you hold off on the relocation since my truck isnt 11 years old yet and not even close to 120,000 miles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts