Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a general rule of thumb that everyone uses when plugging in their dmaxs? i.e. a certain temperature?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The owners manual advises below 0*F degrees. I've plugged mine in when it's gotten down to around 10*F and also haven't. It always starts without a problem!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Below 0. The book states not to use the block heater above 32. Mine started at 8 below with no problem without the heater pluged in.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I use mine all the time and 30 is the norm here right now.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
usually around 20 deg. for me if i remember!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Below 0 degrees......Yes
0 to 32 degrees.......Ok, but not necessary
Above 32 degrees....No

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Look in the manual. Its zip tied on the passenger side near the manifold if I can remember. Do a quick search here and you will find all the answers you need regarding this.

GM obviously put it in a place where it cannot be easily reached. It took me a few days to find it too.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
if it's going to be under 40*F in the morning i'll plug it in. just so i have instant cab heat.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
please tell me where this plug can be found myfriend and i both have 05s nether know
Go out to your truck and stick your head and arms into the passenger front wheelwell over the tire. Reaching down, pick up the bottom edge of the pastic wheel well liner behind the tire and just behind the axle - you'll find the cord folded up and tied to the frame rail.;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldn't plug in unless it's below 20

1 - 12 of 12 Posts