·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got a plow?
What kind?
How do you like it?

Mine is a Western 8.5 MVP.

Too early to comment.... haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Mines a Western 9' Pro Plow+

Works good so far, but I don't like having to plug in 3 connections every time I take it on and off. Even 2 on my old Fisher was 1 too many. 1 electrical connection should be it. Maybe Someday

Bye Diesel Dragon

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
see sig.............one of these days I will get some pics

fogot to add......this truck is a snow moving MF

Like the blade.....fishstick is taking some getting used to, I would love the fishstick if it was a straight blade but as is its kida a PITA IMOEdited by: ratlover

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is lifted... no Timbrens installed yet.

Click on the link below for another 1000 pictures...

More Plow Pics

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Is it bad to leave ballast in the truck all the time?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
8 Foot Western Pro Unimount-WISH IT WAS AN ULTRA MOUNT

Snow plowing monster, got one set of turkey wings on the way for fathers truck and plow, might add a set to my plow. Now if I could only swap my knocker for a d-max

Knock on wood this plow has held up very well

·
Registered
170 Posts
GradyGhost; I'm shopping for a v plow for my k3500 dump truck. Are you satisfied with the 8'6" v plow on the dually. Is it wide enough. A 9'6" plow just looks too big to me, but im afraid a 8'6" wouldn't cover the width of a dually.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Duallyvette,

I think it covers the width just fine.

If you make a sharp sharp turn the wheels cut into the path but they will on a single rear wheel as well.

I donno what kinda plowing you intend on doing but the V is the way to go for me.

Issues I had in the beggining.

1. plow sits low when all the way up. Fixed with ballast

2. fishstick hard to use. You get used to it real fast. I love it!

3. Front end sag. 150 dollar black rubber donuts (timbrens)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Edited by: JohnnyO

·
Registered
170 Posts
GradyGhost; Thanks for the information. Do you know what your front axle weight is without/ and with the plow?. From the dealers I've contacted, the best price I've come up with is a Boss plow. I am afraid that the 8'2" won't be wide enough. The 9'2" looks awfully big in some of the posts I've seen.

Edited by: Duallyvette

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I know quite a few guys around here that are running Boss 9'2' V-plows on srw Duramax's and furds. They have no problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Duallyvette said:
GradyGhost; Thanks for the informastion. Do you know what your front axle weight is without/ and with the plow?. From the dealers I've contacted, the best price i've come up with is a Boss plow. I am afraids that the 8'2" won't be wide enough. The 9'2" looks awfully big in some of the posts i;ve seen.

Like this one

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fisher 8' MM2 with the fish stick. No pictures yet, will get some on the next storm
Edited by: BlackZ71

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I donno what it weighs....but I'll go run to the truck stop scales 15 miles away for ya if you [email protected]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gradyghost; I weighed my DA SC k3500 dump truck- frt axle was 4400 lbs. I thought that was high. The truck empty weighs 9200 lbs.

I thought that the frt would weigh less on your SC DA ( i'm looking for one to buy now). I weighed my DA/CC this morning. frt axle weighed 4380 lbs. yours will probably be close in weight, but thanks all the same.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gradyghost....

Don't forget, these trucks are used by commercial companies that load them up with tool boxes and work equipment. Ballast all the time should be no problem. The rear suspension on these trucks is pretty tough.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks Hoot,

Was just kinda wondering....My trucks are hooked up to 12-15ooolb trailers half the year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Western 8.5 MVP on my 2003 GMC. So far I love it. This diesel pushes alot of snow!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts