Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need them, Western 7'6" Pro plow, front squats, will this fix? How much and where do I get them?

eric

·
Registered
89 Posts
Eric,

I don't know if you need them (they can't hurt) -- my plow is on a CTD Dodge.

You have a good source right in your area (MI). Try Michigan Truck Spring, 1-800-358-4751 or their link below

http://www.truckspring.com

If you find a lower price, let them know and they will try to match it. They are easy to work with.

Joe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Eric - I have them and they work very well. Truck does not squat nearly as much as it did without them. They don't seem to affect the ride unloaded at all. This is my first IFS plow truck that I installed them on, and all future trucks will get them also. I'm actually putting a set on my '98 2500 before the season starts.

Josh

·
Registered
183 Posts
Smitty said it all as I would have except I do not have a 98 2500

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Dont think they could hurt and they dont seem to affect ride or hight. I saw some pics on plow site of a 2500hd of before and after and they did help. I put em on before I put on my plow. I also rasied my bars 3/4" when I first got my truck and havent cranked em anymore.

With the 9'6" EZ-V and about 900# in the back I drop close to 1.5" with the plow rasied. Driving is nice and steady with little pogoing(better ride than any other truck I have drove with a plow, although the 550 with the 10' boss v seems to notice it less, but still rides like crap) Even at 75 its stable. Dont know how it would be without em though.....I shoulda done a before and after test

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I got mine from awdirect.com when I ordered some other stuff from them. They seemed to have as good of prices as anyone and they were good to work with.

What kinda tires/rims you run in the winter? 285's? I'm running 265's but I would kinda like to go 255's on some hummer rims next but worry of scrubbage. I'm not going to crank the hell outa the bars or put keys in. Maybe move the bumper forward and that would be pushing it.Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
132 Posts
Eric,

I have them on a 93 chevy3500 single axle. No effect at all when plow is off. Just enough added support to keep tires from rubbing when on. Got them a few years back but in the $60/pair range I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts