Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished installing edge with attitude and drove around on level 1 (mileage).Drove it around for 10 minutes and Power is noticable, meanwhile the transmission shifts smoother. The speed is off by a few mph.... I.E. reads 40 when traveling 37. I tried adjusting tire size but did nothing...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've had the Edge/Attitude for about a year and love it. Get a boost stick from Kennedy and you will be even more pleased.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Cool Deal. The attitude tire adjustment only changes the MPH reading on the Attitude. You need a programmer to change tire size on your speedo.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You might want to knock your Edge down a level using the Booststick. It will definately overpower the torque converter on level 3 & Booststick. I can only use my Edge on level 1 when towing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I'm going to go too much farther on performance mods. And I will keep it on level 1 all the time and defuel between shifts. I want to keep the tranny happy.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I kept my edge on level one for the 1st 10 minutes, and before I knew it I was on level 5.......:eek:
I am sure If I reinstalled an edge after all my new upgrades level 5 would seem like Level 1 all over again....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Glad your happy with it...direction book should be there soon!:ro)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Edge instructions for programmer download HERE

Edge instructions for Attitude monitor download HERE

Here is the Edge install on a Dmax as seen on Trucks.

Here is The Edge on TwoGuysGarage part one

Here is The Edge on TwoGuysGarage part two

Edge is one bang up product. I'd be using it today if it had a hot tune available for the LLY. It is hard to beat for a guy w/ a stock trans. If you have the new dash mount, you are lucky. If not. Call edge and request the updated mount. The old mount is the one shown in the video. the new mount is shown on Page 17 of the Programmer instructions. The new mount is the way to go IMHO. BTW, Edge is all engineered, tested, and made in the USA. Unreal when you consider that 80% of electronics used in the USA are made overseas.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I kept my edge on level one for the 1st 10 minutes, and before I knew it I was on level 5.......:eek:

):h That is so true!
You can almost hear that little button on the Attitude monitor begging you to push it!!!

·
Banned
569 Posts
The videos were pretty cool to watch. Two things I thought were interesting on the Trucks video:

1. He specifically stated that the Edge would NOT void the warranty on the truck. From posts on the DP forum, this seems to be dealer-specific, so I was surprised that he said this so positively.

2. There was more than a little black smoke coming out of the tailpipe. I don't know what other mods were made to his pickup, but I didn't expect to see so much smoke with the Edge. Is this normal for the Edge?

Joseph

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love the plug and play feature:D run level 1, on the low boost I run mines on CARB2 setting. do live in emissions state. would recommend for all do it your self installers. and defuel also on shifts. also have the dash mount!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo

2. There was more than a little black smoke coming out of the tailpipe. I don't know what other mods were made to his pickup, but I didn't expect to see so much smoke with the Edge. Is this normal for the Edge?

Joseph

Well I know mine will smoke about that much, if you turn up the low boost to 5 also.....the lower you set that the lower the smoke! I keep mine in 2/5 beacuse I tow alot.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so when you guys say 2/5, 2 is the power setting and 5 is the boost setting?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
You got it. The boost setting does add the power, but just not as much as the power setting does. The highest you can go is 5/5, but it will toast your trans. little by little.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Edge instructions for programmer download HERE

Edge instructions for Attitude monitor download HERE

Here is the Edge install on a Dmax as seen on Trucks.

Here is The Edge on TwoGuysGarage part one

Here is The Edge on TwoGuysGarage part two

Edge is one bang up product. I'd be using it today if it had a hot tune available for the LLY. It is hard to beat for a guy w/ a stock trans. If you have the new dash mount, you are lucky. If not. Call edge and request the updated mount. The old mount is the one shown in the video. the new mount is shown on Page 17 of the Programmer instructions. The new mount is the way to go IMHO. BTW, Edge is all engineered, tested, and made in the USA. Unreal when you consider that 80% of electronics used in the USA are made overseas.
The guy on the "Truckin" video said it will not void your warranty, is this true?
He also ran it on level 5 with a stock tranny...what gives?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo

:funnypost :devilfing

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts