Diesel Place banner

Please help!!

Question: 
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  OkDually 
#1 ·
So I've been driving on a bad filter head assembly for awhile now and it finally failed in the Florida sun had to walk very far but managed to get a replacement and install it, as I was working on it I was intensely overheating myself and couldn't resist the urge to run the batteries down by running the fan so the batteries completely dead and I know this is a bad idea because one of the batteries is very old, I had a way to jump it so I wasn't to worried so I got to jump it and to my joy it finally started, and then it turned off after a few seconds of running. I have a scan tool so I read a code that said lost communication to FICM and im pretty sure the code was U0105. Did I fry my FICM? or is this just the result of low batteries and blown fuses? I haven't checked fuses yet, the truck is like 12 miles from me and have to ride my bike thankfully nobody seems like they want to tow it away on me. Just trying to get a game plan if it doesn't want to start.

#2 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us about the vehicle ( Year, Make, Model ) and list all mods.
(y)

#3 ·
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, has Edge CTS 2 tuner with juice attitude, stock fuel system except for caterpillar fuel filter adapter, I have a straight exhaust kit, everything else is stock.

#4 ·
Start by individually load testing those batteries. If one or both fail the test replace them both as a matched set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.