Diesel Place banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Im calling it fixed. Ive driven the truck several times now and havnt had as much as a hiccup out of it. So looks like the rusted sender/pickup and lines even tho they wasnt leaking fuel was my problem the whole time.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
I think this was the thread:HiHi: I did get the return line I ordered from Badger. Compared to the delphi kit I have he is selling the exact line. Return caps for the rear appear the same but his say no clamps needed and the delphi kit does come with clamps. Just food for thought if you do replace your returns.

Attachments

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Did they send you new copper rings for the injectors too?

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
Did they send you new copper rings for the injectors too?
Negative just the length of return line and two caps without clamps $21 usd / $28 cad.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I installed the badger return lines on Red on Saturday. The end caps take a bit of effort to remove when they are freshly installed. Unless those return lines see a decent amount of pressure, I will not be worried about blowing one off with out a clamp. The same is true for the rest of the return line. I just made sure that I bottomed the line out against the body of the injectors. I also have about a foot left over.

We have to remember that rubber lines have changed some in the last 30 years.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
I installed the badger return lines on Red on Saturday. The end caps take a bit of effort to remove when they are freshly installed. Unless those return lines see a decent amount of pressure, I will not be worried about blowing one off with out a clamp. The same is true for the rest of the return line. I just made sure that I bottomed the line out against the body of the injectors. I also have about a foot left over.

We have to remember that rubber lines have changed some in the last 30 years.

btw are you driving that truck again? I remember when you got it said you strapped your kid in and went for a ride:HiHi: Thanks for sticking around too thats cool.

·
Registered
284 Posts
btw are you driving that truck again? I remember when you got it said you strapped your kid in and went for a ride:HiHi: Thanks for sticking around too thats cool.
Yep. Back on the road again as of yesterday. I need to make some adjustments, and have a few peace of mine items, but otherwise she is back to DD use.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Awesome to hear!!! :coolnana:

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Negative just the length of return line and two caps without clamps $21 usd / $28 cad.
I was looking at the delphi kit. What's the big cork gasket?

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
The air cleaner has a gasket? Who knew?...besides Freddy and JC that is

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
The air cleaner has a gasket? Who knew?...besides Freddy and JC that is
A lot of people don't know or loose it or whatever... the 3 motors I have
none had the air cleaner gasket...had to order one.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
Yep. Back on the road again as of yesterday. I need to make some adjustments, and have a few peace of mine items, but otherwise she is back to DD use.
Awesome! Good to hear:thumb:

101 - 115 of 115 Posts