Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry my first post has to be under these circumstances. I went out Sunday morning and found that some ******* had shattered the driver's side mirror on my '04 GMC Duramax :mad: . I went to the dealership after work yesterday to get a replacement and they want $500! They are the power towing mirrors with built in turn signal and defroster. Does anybody know of a more "cost effective" solution? I'm going to call around to the salvage yards today to see if anybody has one, but that's pretty much a shot in the dark. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

·
Registered
174 Posts
i got both of my camper mirrors for 380....you could replace both for that price....

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Look in the 'for sale' section.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Call your insurance company.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about turning it into the insurance company, but my deductible is $500 so it wouldn't do me any good. I'm going to call my renters insurance and see if they'll deal with it since it happened while parked in front of my apartment.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if it is vandalism, isnt that covered under the comp???

either way it sucks....my wifes blazer has the ame problem....broke one of the bolts....so it is a little loose...

·
Registered
190 Posts
If Jus The Mirror Glass Is Broken A Local Hardware Str. Could Cut U A Peice To Fit In The Old Mirror Housing. But U'll Have Too Make A Little Sacrifise Jus Glu New Peice In. Now Thats A Cheap Or Maybe Even A Temp Fix Till U Get New One. Goodluck Man

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
I think that would be covered under your Comp policy, and since it was vandalism, they would probably waive the deductable...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called my insurance company and renter's insurance won't cover it and my comprehensive auto deductible is $500, so I am pretty much SOL there. The wiring all looks ok though and the motors seem to still work, so I think I'm gonna glue the housing up and just replace the glass. That'll get me buy until I can find a good deal on a used ne. Thanks for the help everybody.

Matt

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
We have a set off of Blue that are the OEM power-extending camper mirrors.

Hmmm...

$250 for the pair?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts