Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the procedure for dyno-testing a duramax/allison truck?

I just stopped by to confirm my dyno time for tomorrow and the shop asked me which gear is one-to-one and if I could lock my converter.

What is the proper way to run one of these things on a dyno? I'm planning multiple runs before and after the exhaust installation.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
That's kind of scary. They have never run a duramax. Have they ever run a Diesel?
4th is 1 to 1.
Hit the T/H and lock out OT. That will Lock the TC and keep the truck from shifting into 5th. The trick is to keep it from down shifting. A Tech II is the best way. You can use it to command 4th.
Trippin did a post a while back about how to Dyno.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairly new shop. They specialize in LS1 performance (that's how I know them). We all have manual control over our cars, so this isn't an issue.

Yes, they've done diesel. Just did a 900+ lb-ft Dodge within the last week. They have a Duramax they plan to hot-rod, but haven't had time yet with all the LS1-prep going on for springtime racing just around the corner. So, I'm first.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's kind of scary. They have never run a duramax. Have they ever run a Diesel?
4th is 1 to 1.
Hit the T/H and lock out OT. That will Lock the TC and keep the truck from shifting into 5th. The trick is to keep it from down shifting. A Tech II is the best way. You can use it to command 4th.
Trippin did a post a while back about how to Dyno.
I've been searcing on everything I could think of and haven't found anything on "How to Dyno".

Thanks for the tips! Just put on a new fuel filter and loaded up the parts. I'm off to give 'er a try!

First run will be stock then we'll add the Banks Power PDA, Monster Exhaust, and Airaid intake (Banks told me the LLY intake isn't ready yet as they switched over to finish the LBZ intake first).

Think that'll get over 700 lb ft?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mustang

Eddy Current I think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.