Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 CC SB LBZ with a BOSS v-plow and when I use the plow, lifting and angling, the service brake system flashes up on the comp. screen! I was told to change my ground, I've done that, I was told to unhook my brake controller and change where I fused it into the fuse box, I did that and that still hasn't fixed it.:mad: One guy said that there is some computer panel for the tranny that might be bad any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!!:)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
That's pretty weird, Where did you move the plows ground to? It is recomended to be right on the battery. Can't help with the rest sorry.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it on the battery first and then changed it to the engine block but problem still exsists!!! Boss is not sure yet how to fix it but we are trying.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
It could be that your drawing so much current and dropping the voltage. intern it could be lots of things, bad ground loose power connectors on the truck batteries them selfs, or just bad battery. Even check the alternator not putting out the required amperage or even a bad electric pump on the plow.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
#1 Ground to the battery
#2 Check all terminals for tightness, Had a customer with a loose ground, very slow plow
#3 Use a DC amp meter and check the draw on the power cable to the plow and on the positive wire from truck to battery, they should be the same or very close when you include the static load.
Is this from the first time you pickup the plow or after you use it for awhile?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
06bowtie_guy;1586380; said:
That's pretty weird, Where did you move the plows ground to? It is recomended to be right on the battery. Can't help with the rest sorry.
This's correct. When I installed Fisher's, they always had everything direct to the battery.

fpd17lbz;1588105; said:
I had it on the battery first and then changed it to the engine block but problem still exsists!!! Boss is not sure yet how to fix it but we are trying.
I'd move it back to the battery. How did you have it hooked up to the battery before? Stud extenders? Like blizzardplowman vbmenu_register("postmenu_1588430", true); said, check your connections, and check your terminals. In an '06, your batteries shouldn't have rotted or leaked out yet.

Service brake system is an error message that almost always indicates an electrical problem. Loose alternator wires, loose battery connections, etc, can all cause it, with or without a plow pump being run. It's also possible that your plow pump is just drawing so much current it's over-taxing your batteries and alt.

How big you your V-Plow? Do you know what the max amperage draw on the motor is? Do you know if Boss reccomends that size plow for your truck?

After you throw an ammeter on there like blizzardplowman said, if you find you're drawing more amps than your truck can put out, and there's nothing wrong with your plow, maybe consider some Optima deep cycle batteries or a second alt.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
????????????????

I have checked all connections all tight but need to check alt. plow is a boss 7-6 V! used stud connectors on battery. Keep trying!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all!!:cool:

this has done it since day one on this truck and does it every time you lift or angle the plow! Workd fine on the other 2 I had it on.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts