Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2005 duramax that has a p1093 code i have changed fuel filter,regulator,pressure sensor,ficm,ecm. still have this code. the engine has all the new bits eg air intake heater, air box. it doesnt seem to have a pressure releif junction block like previous year models.

Due to me being in australia i cannot just drive in and get it repaired

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Hey Welcome to the DIesel Place...please fill out a signiture so we know what kinda truck you have etc...

As far as the 1093...do you have access to a Tech 2 or other scanner? Check the rail pressure at idle, and then drive around watching the rail pressure. If under "hard" accelleration the rail pressure drops to about 9,000 PSI, than you have a fuel pressure releif valve problem...

Its most likely a problem with the releif valve...nothing else could be causing a 1093 that I can think of. See here for info about shimming the pressure releif valve...

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37711&highlight=1093+shim

Hope that helps..
Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ben, Helps alot i have access to a techII, the fuel pressure does drop of to the desired fp upon accelleration intermittently though. is the valve electronic right next to the retern line connector? in the earlyer models the valve was manual in the junction block. I cannont find it.

My truck is a 2005hd 6.6L 4x2.with the new looking intake, ecm, glowpug relay. not the 2004 style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts