Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have a 2003 chevy 2500hd cc/sb d/a i installed a 165 horse chip by quadzilla and it all started when i reach 95mph it will kick down in to 2nd gear then i will have to put it in nutrual and back in to gear inorder to keep going and this chip is supposed to remove the top speed limiter but thats not the worst it will only do that at full throttel if i am at like 3/4 throttel it will go all the way to 120 mph if you call quadzilla they are a bunch of idiots if you can even get them to answer the phone they say this haqs never happened before so i sent it back and got another one and it did the same thing so i just took it off i think it messed the truck up this thing is so slow now some thing is deffinitly wrong i am takeing it in to the shop tommorow i will keep you posted as to what it did. have you guys heard of anyhting like this and what chip do you reccomend me to use i have a buddy with a ford f-150 harly davidson that rund 13.4 in the 1/4 mile and i need to beet him please help me

·
Registered
704 Posts
You limped the Allison. You are putting more power through overdrive than it can handle in stock form, and it is protecting itself in an attempt to save the clutches from further damage. This is why it only happens at full throttle. There is nothing wrong with the Quad box, explaining why when they sent you the new one, it did the same thing.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Some people just aren't so bright. You are going to have to run a light program in your truck or you are going to tear up the transmission. Or, you will need to have a transmission upgrade done or you can kiss winning good bye.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
sryofcr

I guess you should have done a little investigation prior to just loading up the maximum tune no matter the brand .... That paticular tuner has 4 levels of power .... Perhaps you should drop it down 3 lavels and enjoy the new found power ...

With out upgrading the Allison transmission you will need to stay at under 100 HP additional HP over stock ... Also taking your time thru a few different throttle positions to get the Allison aquanted to the additional torque and HP ...

I have a hard time believing Quadzilla Power gave no advise and new nothing about over powering a stock Allison resulting in defaulting to limp mode ...If you say so ,I'll take your word for it and I'd also call back on Monday and ask to speak with someone in Tech support ...

Do some reading on the site and ask away,welcome aboard ....

Good Luck ...

Mac

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
All that in one sentence, wow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone for the input but i have one more question how come i can be at full throtel all the way up to 95 then i have to back off so it wont drop down in gears and do you think that i messed something up because now that it is not programmed it has no power

and a quick question how and what can i do to the tranny so that it wont limp out any more because i really need to beat that other truck would a torque converter work PLEASE HELP IN THIS MATTER I REALLY APPRECIEAT IT

and amric how does that quad 215 work do you like it and does your tranny limp out i think i want to up grade the tranny and try that one where did you buy it from and how much

i really like this programmer it really scoots but it scared the crap out of me when it did that and quad didnt help me much but if you had good luck i will try againEdited by: sryofcr

·
Registered
704 Posts
The combination of clutches used to hold 5th gear are much weaker than the ones used in 1st-4th. You could probably hold the 215 with just a Co-Pilot or TransGo kit, but that would depend on how much damage is already done. Depending on your budget, you may want to do a full clutch pack, valve body, and torque convertor upgrade. I got my first Quad from http://www.KennedyDiesel.com then upgraded it several times directly through http://www.quadzillapower.com/.

·
Registered
648 Posts
sryofcr, dude. You need to take time to BREATHE, my friend.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you are planning to take it in to the dealer, it might be a good idea to clear out your error codes. I'd bet they could "guess" that you ran an over the top power box. On the otherhand, sounds like the tranny did what it was suppose to do and all should be well.

I have to admit I don't fully understand the 95 mph scenario you describe. Was it under full throttle?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Ray403Dmax said:
If you are planning to take it in to the dealer, it might be a good idea to clear out your error codes. I'd bet they could "guess" that you ran an over the top power box. On the otherhand, sounds like the tranny did what it was suppose to do and all should be well.

I have to admit I don't fully understand the 95 mph scenario you describe. Was it under full throttle?

I'd imagine he was able to reach 95 MPH in OD before it defaulted to limp ....

Mac

·
Registered
926 Posts
like every girlfriend I have ever had says... Boys and thier Toys... but honey, I would rather have a broken toy than no toy at all, because atleast I can try to fix something that is broken!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts