Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally finished the center console monitor. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I just need to find a better match for the vinyl. Also, got back the platinum escalade cluster with the reprogrammed correct mileage and the addition of the glow light plug. Anybody considering upgrading their cluster, I would definately recommend using the platinum. It turned out great. :ro)

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Looks great! Who programmed the mileage for you, the dealer? Was the dash swap a big job?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I see you have the wrong tach and oil pressure numbers on your cluster like I do, I just sent mine back to JP to get the correct Diesel face installed.

Does your OD lock out light work?
Is your oil pressure reading correctly?

·
Registered
164 Posts
is the gps also a tv? and what brand was it? Looks GREAT!!!!!! what was the cost.

Looks great! Who programmed the mileage for you, the dealer? Was the dash swap a big job?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A company called advanced auto electronics did the reprogramming and the glow plug light. Although, it is the wrong tach (the red doesn't start early enough) and the oil pressure guage is different, it all reads accurately. The OD lock out light works as well. The problem with the oil pressure guage, is that when it is cold, it is usually pegged to the right and once it gets warmed up, it acts like a boost guage it fluctuates so much. I'm not really concerned with too much pressure (I check the oil quantity regularly), it's the low pressure that could be a problem...so the guage works fine for that.

The dash swap wasn't a big deal at all. With the center piece removed, all I did was take out the black pockets, cover the hole with fiberglass fabric, fiberglass it, cut out a hole the right size, build it up with bondo, sand it to shape, and then cover it with vinyl.

The system itself is a pioneer touchscreen unit (AVD-W6210) with the GPS unit (Avic-80 DVD). I originally thought the avic-80dvd was also a dvd player. Don't be confused by this...it is just the GPS system. I then added an aftermarket DVD/TV tuner to the monitor. To pickup local TV channels you pretty much have to be sitting still to get good reception, but it does work. Total cost for everything was around $800. The following I found on ebay which is a similar system....it works awesome...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-TOUCH-DVD-Navigation-System-NAV-SYS620T_W0QQitemZ9700394260QQcategoryZ73332QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts