Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty stupid question about those stupid little plastic clip things that hold the inner fenders in the air dam...they seem to be all over.

You guys have a tool for em or anything? I just use a screwdriver to pry em out and it seems I bugger em up pretty good or the little bastards go rocketing out either into my eye or some recessed place in my truck or oil cover crevass in the shop only to be found after much searching.

They do go back together reall easy though

Like i said stupid question
But after messing with the dudes again I figured there must be something the pros are doing.

Sighned

Edited by: ratlover

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
if they arnt in too bad a shape, you can lift the center witha screwdriver, or try and dig it out ith a pair of dykes. Not sure fire way for me... have often thought of grinding a set if nips to remove them,, just havent done it yet

I always keep few spares handy

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it aint just me then

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've had the same problem. For anyone who wants to get extra's the part number is 15969147. It was called a rivit. We had a hard time finding it on the microfilm. You would think it would have been the "retainer". They were similar but too small, and $7.29 ea. The right part, the "rivit", was $0.99 ea. even though similar but larger. Both plastic. Go figure.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts