Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read other threads that give "mileage guidance".....Just wondering how much movement justifies replacing the arms.

I'm getting excessive tire wear on the outside of the front passenger tire. I jacked up the truck to check the front end. I am getting approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch of "play" in the extreme end of the idler and pitman arm. The movement is in both axis as I push/pull about 20-30lbs of force on the tire.

Does that warrant replacing them. I am planning on getting the braces and new tires soon. I just didn't know if I need to replace the arms.

Thanks in advance.

2005 Duramax 4 door 4x4 bone stock.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
if your getting that kind of play at the joints replace them they need it.install the brace when you do them its much faster to do them all.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I have read other threads that give "mileage guidance".....Just wondering how much movement justifies replacing the arms.

I'm getting excessive tire wear on the outside of the front passenger tire. I jacked up the truck to check the front end. I am getting approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch of "play" in the extreme end of the idler and pitman arm. The movement is in both axis as I push/pull about 20-30lbs of force on the tire.

Does that warrant replacing them. I am planning on getting the braces and new tires soon. I just didn't know if I need to replace the arms.

Thanks in advance.

2005 Duramax 4 door 4x4 bone stock.
Like cjsho said, replace both the Idler and Pitman and install the Pitman and Idler support kit. Let us know if we can help with the P&I support kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.