Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the duramax ping so bad when you have a tune installed on it when you start to step into the throttle fairly hard, or with some tuners has a marble churning effect? I their a tuner that has eliminated this effect? :Nothing_f

·
Registered
747 Posts
Its not as loud but is makes the same sound stock. It will be there regardless what tuner or box you get. Stomp on it stock and you'll hear it.;)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Why does the duramax ping so bad when you have a tune installed on it when you start to step into the throttle fairly hard, or with some tuners has a marble churning effect? I their a tuner that has eliminated this effect? :Nothing_f
Which Duramax (lb7,lly,lbz) do you own and what tuner are you using?If your using a tuner and getting a loud what you refer to as pinging that is excessive timing.

Not good

If your referring to a rattle or marble sign at or about 2800 RPM's that is different.That noise is directly attributed to the Pilot injection shutting off.This is a feature in the Common rail system that injects a small amount of fuel before combustion to minimize diesel noise.

It is disabled by ecm at or about 2800 RPM's.

======================================================

No offense to the new guy but everyone should use their CP (control panel) and set up a signature of the description of your vehicle so as people can properly answer questions opposed here.

Thanks!

=====================================================

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had this same problem but it seemed to go away when I installed a boost stick. Don't know why but it seems to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts