Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my truck to stealer today to have them look at injectors. there is a pinging noise when you are pulling from a stop. stealer told me that it was the belt slipping due to a weak tensioner. did not mention a thing about the noise. it almost sound liek a valve or like a gasser when octane is not high enough. any suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, so they are saying it is normal then? i just find it very annoying with the radio off but i guess that is way they put the bose system in them

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
do you use an additive, if not try some(any) and see if it changes, that will tell if its pilot injection. my truck got quite after running some and i have run 2cycle/engine oil/power service with fuel. check out fuel discussion area for more info on this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive tried power service many times, no help. i'll try 2 cycle and see if that helps any. thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine had a fuel knock that sounded like a rod knock, the dealer replaced all 8 injectors and it went away totally and the engine is quieter at an idle.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When was the last time your fuel filter was changed? I started to get a loud tapping noise, especially during acceleration and @ 65-70 mph. I wound up changing the filter as it was due (15,000 miles). The tapping went away! They're very quiet now! A little more noticeable pep also. I cut the filter open and it was very dirty.

·
Registered
313 Posts
mlht;1567919; said:
i took my truck to stealer today to have them look at injectors. there is a pinging noise when you are pulling from a stop. stealer told me that it was the belt slipping due to a weak tensioner. did not mention a thing about the noise. it almost sound liek a valve or like a gasser when octane is not high enough. any suggestions?
Your dealer doesn't have a clue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just like bungiejr mine was knocking and the dealer changed all 8 injectors. Its now quieter than it was than new. Changed at 47k.
:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i change my filter about every 7-8k. thought the dealer didnt have much of an idea escpeially when i called back to see if they could go ahead and check balance rates , after i asked them when i brought it in. service guy said the tech has never heard of the injectors being noisy. i also told them about a slight feul smell in the oil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts