Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would seriously consider a new Cummins due to the reduced noise level, but does anybody know if there a chance the Cummins would have the same problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have not had any problems with mine with 2 injection events. the 04.5s have 3 injection events and so far are not haveing any problems

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 4.5s does have a issue at the moment. A momentary loss of power with colder temps. The problem is with the computer misreading the tone wheel. A new flash has just been release to correct this issue. Not all the 4.5s have this issue.

On a side note, a new flash has been release for the '03-04s with the auto. Now you can have high idle control through the cruise control. With the truck at idle and in park you can turn cruise on and hit set will bump the idle to 1000 rpms, then hit accel will enable 1500 rpms. Turning off cruise or touching the brake pedal will disable high idle and drop back to the normal idle.

MikeyB

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The new Cummins uses the same injection system as the Dmax.
There have been no issues in three years with pilot injection and this system.

We had a Ford 6.0 PSD stop in today.... it was just plain diesel loud.

·
Registered
84 Posts
WHAT?

·
Registered
64 Posts
My truck is a little over a year old and has almost 107,000 miles on it with 0 injector problems. Hasn't been an issue with me at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does the CTD P/I shut off at 2500 RPM like the Duramax? Mine does not appear to, or is this only an 04.5 event?

Edited by: MABurns

1 - 8 of 8 Posts