Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few garages with Pillar mount Edge monitor holders. I do not want to buy the entire pillar as they only come black and I have grey interior. I have heard one of the site supporters sells these. Can someone point me in the right direction? I would sure appreciate it. PM works great.

Moderators: If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. just move as necessary.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramax Dually,

They only come in a full size A pillar and they are all black, we have them with and without the A pillar speaker. We also have the color matching paints to color code it to your interior if you want give us a call.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Duramax Dually,

They only come in a full size A pillar and they are all black, we have them with and without the A pillar speaker. We also have the color matching paints to color code it to your interior if you want give us a call.

Mark @ DPPI
they DO NOT only come in full size a pillars as i have one in my truck check my garage...mine came in black and i just went to jegs and got some interior paint and you cant even tell a difference...pm sent from were i bought it from

·
Registered
16 Posts
...pm sent from were i bought it from
Hey ecc_33, could you send that pm my way also, that pillar mount is what I've been looking for also. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
ecc_33 i too would be intertested in where you can get them thanks.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ECC, Thanks. Ordered mine today.

They come in all colors to match GM's interior. They are made by Autometer it appears. I will know soon if they are nice.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You can also paint them to match your interior with plastics paints......

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
MarksRt43,
Yes you can, they have some pretty good color match paints out there. Being that they offered all interior colors I thought why not buy it colored already. I will post a pic once I have it. They confirmed on the way.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramax Dually,

I wasn't aware those were available, however they are NOT made by Auto Meter, they are done by a competitive company that rides on AM's coatails etc. Just wanted folks to knwo AM didn't make them because if they ever have a need for warranty AM will not be able to help them etc.

We do stock the full length A pillars, and the color matching paints if you guys need them.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark,
Thanks. so those are not Autometer? Interesting they would represent them that way. I have seen the full length A-Pillar but had steered away from them primarily as I am being flat A$$ lazy in regards to prepping and paint. I Know.... I know.....probably a few hour deal. I just wanted a quick plug and play deal and quite honestly I am not sure where I want the EDGE mounted and this little A-Pillar mount will allow me to put where I want.

I saw the EDGE supplied A-Pillar, I assume that is the Autometer product.

Thanks Mark, You are a Great Site supporter. Always fair and GREAT prices

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK...Enough Already....

So got my A Pillar mount today. I was all excited as I have had the edge kind of hanging....HOLY SMOKES....The hole to feed the Attitude monitor cord through was off 3/8 inch so I would have to slot in an area that would have been visible and looked really ugly like a 4 year old filed it. Ya know with out going on a :rant: here. I think this Edge thing is a doomed deal for me. I had a issue with the Rev 1 box already and it is out of the truck. 4 boxes already and now an A Pillar mount that is junk....Maybe I should be looking at the little picture that is leading to the Big Picture and cut my losses and walk.

Hopefully the company I bought the A Pillar from will give me an RMA. I sent them pictures of the hole being off. It also did not come with mounting hardware to hold it to the GM Pillar.

I GIVE UP!!!!!

Sorry All...My Patience on this is gone. Quality and customer service in the US are really lack luster. All these online businesses that sell you stuff then take forever to give you RMA's....Sadly, I was not being a penny pincher, I just like how the item looked.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You know, I hate to admit it, but I use the new little Attitude mount that came with my replaced 4.81 unit. Just slips under the lip on the edge of the front instrument cluster. Little L bracket that works great.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chinook,

Amen.....I still have it. Was looking for the clean custom look, but sometimes simplicity is best.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramax Dually,

Hey thanks for the compliments etc, could you tell us what the brand name is that is on the box for the A pillar Mount that you got, I think it will help the membership and it will also make sure folks know who's product is who's etc. I am amazed every day at the sites I see where they are selling brand A as brand B as they look sort of similiar and think customers will not ever know the difference etc. VERY VERY bad business and not the way I would want to be treated as a consumer either!

We have sold literally hundreds of the Auto Meter full length A pillars for the Attitude and they have been no problems what so ever etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
633 Posts
My full lenght pillar came from Mark, and it installs so tight I don't do anything but snap it in. Easy to pull out for dealer visits that way also. And it hold the 'Tude tight. Only issue I see, is that I would like to add some analog gauges, and not sure where to put them. May just go to a std gauge pillar and use the little "L" bracket for the 'Tude like mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mark,
Well strangely enough there was no manufacturer name. Nothing. It was wrapped in a ziplock bag. So I cannot tell you. company name is pmtdiesel.com I sent them an e-mail, they told me I was wrong about holes. I sent pictures and have not heard back yet for a RMA. Probably going to toss it and write it off. Buying some stuff on the internet is like rolling dice....

Mark, you are welcome on the compliments. you have always been fair. Always been honest. If you think the product is good you say it.

So Edge is sending me a black pillar mount for the "tude Monitor. Do you sell the light grey paint that everybody has been talking about? Looks like I am painting a set up after all..... :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Duramax Dually,

Ok the picture is clear now, if you got it from PMT it's a Pro Pods product, same folks I mentioned earlier but didn't want to say anything till I knew what was up etc. They used to be the manufacturer for some companies but quality/availability issues casued them to loose that business so they went and are trying to market their own products etc directly. Hope PMT doesn't cause you any problems etc. This is a good place to let members be aware of issues like this, the net is a great place but if the products aren't right or whatever it can hurt you if you don't do the right thing etc.

Yes, we have the paint you need and the primer too. Get it off the site or just ring us up and we'll get it out today!

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 18 of 18 Posts