Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

So far, I have put on the AFE stage II, A 4" straight exhaust, high idle, Nicktane (install this or next week), and the Bilstiens are ordered.

Next I want a triple pillar pod with pyro, boost, and I'm undecided on the third guage.

What brand guages do you use/recommend, and what should I put as the third guage?

BTW, I am kinda partial to the luminescent or reverse glow type guage faces, but am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Edited by: Fireman

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are lots of you guys with gauge set-ups, let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
mackin, you forgot the .com after pbase.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mac,

I get a "page cannot be displayed" screen with your link.

Kevin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are those the lunar series gauges?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Ultra-lite Series .... Silver face to match my Escalade cluster ....

It's a Martha Stewart thing .....

Mac

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mac,

Never mind, I enlarged your photo and saw they are the ultra-lite series.

I'm kinda sketchy about drilling and tapping the pyro probe, mostly worried about drill shavings in the turbo...I know to drill and tap while engine is running, but I'm still real nervous. are there any special tips/tricks? Also, where do the other gauge sensors get connected(boost and tranny temp)?Edited by: Fireman

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mac,

Btw, it was the pics of your truck that sold me on the piaa air dam. You've got one sweet looking truck!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
anyone else notice the top of the third picture?? must have been left from macs last toy run.......

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think those are all he had left after paying for all the mods to his truck! LOL!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Fireman said:
I think those are all he had left after paying for all the mods to his truck! LOL!
You got that right ..... There was only two there then ....

My pyro is in the left hand manifold, the right side is more accessible .... If your real concerned about chips you can take the manifold off and bench it .... Not necessary at all though ....
See => Pyro Gauge install

My boost sensor is drilled and taped in the intake plenums ...

Mac

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Mackin, kick a$$ pics! I am wanting to get the that AFE air filter on mine. I noticed you had a Trans temp guage in the pillar....did your truck not come with one? Was that you I posted with about the 50w Reverse bulb? I had zero luck...AutoZone, O'Reillys, Wally World, and even my buddy's NAPA I can not find them anywere...I did get some really nice head lights though...SilverStar by Sylvania.

Fireman, High Idle I know what it does but what is it....box, plug in, downlaod? They are really good to have if you leave the truck running for a while keeping oil pressure up....helps with the warm up also.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
nowake,

You can put high idle on fairly easy and cheap. For high idle instructions go to kennedydiesel.com and click on tech tips. It is a really good write up. Works great.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
NoWake200

No sir it's an add-in .... I never cared for the two gauge full pod look, always seemed like something was missing .... The three gauge pod IMO looks saaa-weet !!!!
Thanks for the compliments ....

Mac

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mackin said:
NoWake200

No sir it's an add-in .... I never cared for the two gauge full pod look, always seemed like something was missing .... The three gauge pod IMO looks saaa-weet !!!!
Thanks for the compliments ....

Mac

I agree! A 2 gauge pod just isn't a "complete" look IMO.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NoWake200,

I put the high idle on the other day. It is basically a single wire with a special terminal crimped on the end.

It was a simple process, and it works like a champ! And believe me, if I can do it...anybody can!
I am no mechanic! But the instructions and the support on this site are top notch. In fact, I feel confident enough to tackle some other projects now, thanks to the help I've received here!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts