Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a pillar cover for guages that is not a overlay, looling for one that will except 3 guages with the tweeter holes, would like to keep the old one in case i decide to remove guages. thanks

Geno

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I was wondering the same question.

As far as the overlays are concerned, how exactly do they attach to the factory A-pillar cover? I am guessing they have to be modified in some fashion?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
My 2 gauge overlay just covers the entire oem pillar. you cut a hole in the oem pillar to run the wires through and then there is a little push clip that holds the new one snug to the old one.

Nick

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Nick,

I saw a picture of your pillar cover under the Gauges thread in Power & Performance but it doesn't show the entire thing. Would you mind posting a picture of it all or point me to a site that shows it all? Also, where do you get one that covers the entire oem pillar?

Thanks!

DAMAX

·
Registered
160 Posts
Perhaps I mounted my Pillar member improperly, but I DID NOT cover the stock pillar cover with it, I replaced it with the Autometer two guage piece. It looks great, and mounted easy. I used the "push pin" fasteners only at the top, and secured them into the headliner at that loacation. Been fine for most of a year now. Matched paint by going to my local Dupont automotive paint dealer, had a perfect match.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Bose sound system, and there was a tweeter in the stock pillar. I used a hole saw to cut out a hole for the tweeters in the new pillar covers. I believe Autometer makes a pillar cover with a tweeter hole, a new item perhaps. I bought the cover and guage set from the duramax store,

http://tinyurl.com/oa2i

but its a standard Autometer part I believe.

The cover pictured had the same extent as stock, and I used the "push pin" fasteners that came with the pillar member at the top only, extending into the headliner. Painted them also, so, looks pretty good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have done some research and to my best knowledge there is not a stand alone cover made out there. That being said I bought the autometer brand without the speaker hole, (as the one with the hole is designed to overlay, so you don't need to remove and reinstall the speaker.) And cut my own hole, reinstalled the speaker and went to ace ,bought a stainless screw and plastic screw cover for the top of the pillar, the bottom stays in place well. Looks factory :)

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I have done some research and to my best knowledge there is not a stand alone cover made out there. That being said I bought the autometer brand without the speaker hole, (as the one with the hole is designed to overlay, so you don't need to remove and reinstall the speaker.) And cut my own hole, reinstalled the speaker and went to ace ,bought a stainless screw and plastic screw cover for the top of the pillar, the bottom stays in place well. Looks factory :)
You do realize those posts were from 2003?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Feeling embarrassed ! Using the new smartphone enhanced interface and cannot see some of those options Thanks.

·
Bidness is Boomin'!
7,664 Posts
Feeling embarrassed !
Don't feel too embarrassed. IMO it's good to revive older posts with new information. There are plenty of guys with "new-to-me" 10 year old trucks that may be looking for the same information.
Just understand that some of the previous posters may not respond. :thumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Noobs like me may be surfin' looking for ideas.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts