Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
PM Ben (DuratotheMAX)...He is running 18" Eagle 114's wrapped in 285 BFG.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Here's mine. I am probably going back to PYOs and 265s though for better mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a set of 265/75/16, and a set of 285/60/18's, the 285's are 1/2" shorter than the 265's! And it looks like you've got the same 285's as me Toyo AT's. So I don't see how the tire swap will increase your milage.

Here's a pic of mine, going to 33's in a couple days though.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd like to see this wheel in a 18" pictured on one of our trucks. I think it would look pretty nice. There's an 18x8.5 with a +25 offset 5.75" BS that would tuck in rather nicely.

·
Registered
83 Posts
8 Lug?

DerekM What wheel is that? Does it come in an 8 Lug? I did a lot of research and did not come up with that wheel. I too wanted a wheel that would tuck. At least a 5 1/2 Back Space. I ended up ordering an Intro Billet wheel 17X8 with 5 3/4" BackSpace. I will post pics of my truck when they come in.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dogwalker:

They aren't as wide (less rolling resistence) and I can lower the truck back down a bit (less air resistence).

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
DerekM What wheel is that? Does it come in an 8 Lug? I did a lot of research and did not come up with that wheel. I too wanted a wheel that would tuck. At least a 5 1/2 Back Space. I ended up ordering an Intro Billet wheel 17X8 with 5 3/4" BackSpace. I will post pics of my truck when they come in.
Sorry about that dragrcr. They are MB Motoring Predator wheels. They come in the 8-165.1 lug pattern from 16, 17, 18, and 20 inch sizes. The 18x8.5 in the 8-165.1 lug with +25 offset runs $150 each at http://www.discounttiredirect.com. I really think this wheel would look nice, I'd like to see them on a truck before I do a purchase. I'll be do for some tires in about a year, so I've got a little time.

Post some pics of your Intro Billet wheels when you get a free second.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wheels are 18" Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 6089's with 35" Nittos Grapplers

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
These are on 20's not 18's

Here is a picture of each one of my pickups on 20's. :eek:fftopic: Niether truck has a lift, but had to trim a bit on front bumper to allow tires to turn. The DMAX had to crank up the tortion bars a bit also, but other than that tires fit pretty good. The tires are 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers which have been great tires.

MWAA_KATN
04 Duramax
04 Powerstroke
96 6.5 Turbo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
phatty, without a doubt, you have my personal favorite truck on the diesel place!

I sure miss my Arrival Blue truck--it was a 6.0 gas I traded because it was a lemon POS. It was near the end of the model year, so I couldn't find a blue Dmax in the configuration I wanted anywhere in the US. I really like my charcoal one, but your truck absolutely rocks!!

There isn't a thing I don't like about it! The whole package fits together so well, I'm jealous!:ro)

If you ever sell that truck, you'd better let me know. I'll be interested!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Phatty, nice set up, its my favoite too! Do you know what the backspacing is on those Eagle 144's? Do you have a side picture, how much do they stick out? Did you have to do a lot of trimming?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts