Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in some tool boxes last weekend and thought I'd post a few pictures for you guys. Why didnt I just do one large front box? Because I haul a fourwheeler or dirtbikes or a sled alot and its nice to be able to put your tailgate up to pack around your toys. Gasoline, tools ect.

What do you think? Its covered in Line-X :D

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Those look awesome. That is exactly what I need.

·
Registered
550 Posts
turned out nice. I did the one large box rail to rail since I don't haul sleds or quads. I like the bowtie too!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats a nice setup and the Line-X is a great idea!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I like that. Where did you get them and how much if you don't mind sharing.

I am limited to tool box space since I have the 51gal fuel tank sitting in the front of the bed. these would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a standard over the rail tool box that I got Line-X'd when I bought my truck. I like it a lot. Looks great and takes the punishment.

I will post pic's in my garage tonight!

Steve

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had my bed lined for $300...I think its about $8 a square foot. I got a deal.

The boxes are "better built" and can be ordered for cabalas for $200 a piece. Line-X sprayed them for $60 a piece. This included sand blasting.

:)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
how do they attatch?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bolted them through the bed, and up front I bolted through a rubber mount I made. this way it isnt to ridgid

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Will a full sheet of plywood still fit between them?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know...good question. let me measure the distance between them tomorrow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sheet of plywood will not lay down flat between the 2. IIRC, it is about 45" between the two boxes. had this problem before

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Thanks, I like the boxes, but I need to be able to do the plywood thing...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I built some "Million Dollar Toolboxes" similar to these, but they fit between the wheelwell and the cab. I made them so they 'tuck' under the bed rail with the lids folding in towards the center of the bed. Total distance between the boxes = 49.5". Long enough to put a handy-man jack in either of the boxes. I have modified set of 4 11.00x20 truck chains, ax, 80# of tool box, shovel, 30' 30k pound tow strap, bolt cutters, roll of bailing wire, handy-man jack, small block&tackle, and some "stuff". Next "Million Dollar" project is modifed rear bumper/tool box - - - for more stuff!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
:nopics:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mitch, you are a bad influence..........Now I have to build some more custom toys.
BTW, those tanks ROCK!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
They look good;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ok, ok. I never took pictures of the tool boxes, just figgered I was the only guy (besides my dad) that needed to keep bedspace and have his accessories in the back of the truck at the ready. Ok. Pictures promise and signature modifed for the tool boxes. BTW, they aint as purty after 4 years of use as they used to be, but I couldn't be beat out of them!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Where did you get those again???
and do they have a website?
thanks
BRAD

1 - 20 of 25 Posts