Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cant make up my mind about lifting my truck maybe if I see more trucks with the lift I am think about it will make up my mind so I am looking for 2500HD trucks with 6" RCD lift and also 4" Rancho I hate to be so picky but I am sure there are plenty of people who wont mind showing off there sweet rides if you could also post your tire and wheel size thay would be cool.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
shaydog24,

FWIW you might want to ask around/consider how many pieces make up the sub frame. I checked around before I ended up only cranking my TB's and adding H2 rims with 315's and was told that if the sub frame is more than one piece you can have (not always) problems with the bolts coming loose on the mutli piece sub frames. You will want to confirm this but as I recall the Rancho is the only true 1 piece sub frame and I think it was the Fabtech 6" that has the least number of pieces of the non-one piece units.

I may have mentioned this to you before, but when I was where you are now, trying to decide what to do, I decided to use a progressive approach. I cranked my TB's and put on the H2's with 315's. If that didn't satisfy me I was going to re-sell the H2's (because back spacing was wrong for my next choice) and I was going to do the 4" Rancho with correct BS rims that I would choose if I had to go that way. Fortunately, the cranked TB's and H2's with 315's were exactly what I hoped for so I didn't proceed any further.

I said all that to say, the progressive approach really helped me to get off dead center because I wasn't getting anywhere but wanted a better look/stance than stock. The new Avalanche front look definitely looks a lot better lifted IMNTBHO!

The 4" Rancho looks real good too and so does the any 6" but the 6" is a bit higher than I was willing to go! LOL!!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2DAMAX

Thanks for the input I allready cranked my TB and put 33" tires on it looks great but I think I want more I just wanted to see what others looked like.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm running Goodyear A/T's 33x12.5x16 on a 16x10 rim

The lift is a 4" Rancho

·
Registered
7 Posts
another view

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks nice truck

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Nice truck but that alignment is screwed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would have to agree with Dmax2damax!!!
As soon as I started getting serious about gettin the lift and went out and priced it I was shocked. I didnt totally give up on the thought but just thought of all the other toys I could buy with that money. The cheapest lift I found was $2100. Id much rather have a complete dvd system and programmer. Every truck I have had in the past has been lifted so the first week I got this I couldnt leave it stock. But I did turn the torsion bars and but some 18" rims with 325/60R18 Terra Grapplers. Love the ride! Everyone thinks that I lifted it. Every time a girl complains about it being "too tall" or "Lifted" I cant help but get a grin knowing that I didnt spend that $2100 yet they still think so.

Good luck with the decision though. I know that Fab Tech makes some sweet stuff and have some nice skid plates and other goodies to add to the combo.

Here is how it turned out.

Edited by: bybycop

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am getting good input but I am still looking for a picture of a 6" RCD lift someone has got to have one out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
shaydog24,

What about the RCD 6" appeals to you? FireLT's 6" Fabtech looks awesome!! And it's the one with fewest pieces of the multi piece sub frames.

What have you read/heard about the RCD that has you interested? Inquiring minds would like to know, maybe I'm missing something!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2DAMAX

Check out this post from Lighting http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=511&PN=1 this is whay I am choosing RCD I have heard nothing buy good things about them and they are the only ones that use Bilstein shocks and from my research thay are one of the best.

Thanks

Shaydog

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
RCD website states that their 6" Lift for the 2500HD has a 2 piece sub frame. Several 4x4 shops have told me that an other than 1 piece sub frame can have trouble with the bolts loosening and then causing alignment problems.
Can someone cofirm that the RCD is a 2 piece sub frame and has anyone had any trouble like that with the RCD kit or any kit other than the Rancho 4" cause it's 1 piece?

·
Registered
304 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

The RCD kit does have a 2 piece sub frame which will allow the fram to flex as it naturally would when put in different situations. As far as bolts loosening, I have never heard about this from anyone that I have spoken to. The Rancho kit says 4" but in reality it's about 5" or 5.5". I think you will be happy whether you go with Rancho or RCD. If you do go Rancho, they offer their kit in all black, which looks a lot better then the red IMO.</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 20 of 46 Posts