Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a new set of 16" wheels for my new 2500HD D/A LLY, and putting some BFG AT KO 285/75/16s on them. Anyone have any recommendations for wheels? Any pictures available of any 2500HD's with aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
WitsEnd

I just purchased a set of Weld Velociti 8 for the dually, should be here soon. I have the Weld Renagade on a 2003 crew cab S-10, they have been great. I know they make wheels for the 2500 as well. I have had several sets of Weld Racing wheels, always top quality.

http://www.weldracing.com/ check them out

Have fun.MB

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you decide on Welds, check the other thread about a real hot deal on the velociti 8's. $189 each. I know, it sounds impossible, but "I just ordered a set.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Pendlum said:
You could always go for 20's

Pendlum,

What size tires are those? Is it a Duramax? if so LB7 or LLY?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Do you to order lugs with the Velocity 8's, I susspose your factory lugs will look out of place or wont fit?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
the factory lugs fit perfectly with the weld wheels, a bit more snug than aftermarket chrome replacements but great just as well. the the OEM lugs are beefier and grade 8, others just don't appear to be as beefy.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Eagle Alloys 16x8 with 285 BFG's. About $100 a piece and they have a 3400lb load rating.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ultra type 164 18"x9.5"

Edited by: Rcher

·
Registered
94 Posts
For those of you with 16 by 8's and 285's do they fit without rubbing? or did you have to trim/tie back parking cable, etc.

Tirerack claims that they fit without rubbing based on their research...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am still shopping for wheels, but I had an almost new (5000 miles) set of BFG AT 285/75/16's that I took off of my 1500 before I traded it in on the 2500HD 4x4 D/A LLY. I had the 285s mounted on the stock wheels this weekend cause I couldn't stand looking at my D/A with the wimpy 245's on it. It looks a lot better than stock and they don't rub! Edited by: WitsEnd

·
Registered
140 Posts
Robby Gordon RG1 simulated beadlocks. Check 'em out at www.robbygordonoffroad.com. They only come in one size 17X8's though. I should get delivery of mine this week.

·
Registered
570 Posts
HD4fun said:
Robby Gordon RG1 simulated beadlocks. Check 'em out at www.robbygordonoffroad.com. They only come in one size 17X8's though. I should get delivery of mine this week.

I had looked at those also, they are very cool. Let me know how you like them.

·
Registered
617 Posts
285s on 16x8 rims do require trimming of the front air dam and wheel well plastic. They even rub on the sheetmetal in the wheel well with the wheel turned and hit a bump. I did not raise the torsion bars because I tow heavily. Going back to 265s where nothing rubbed and pulls better also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts