Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to taking some pics of the sunroof and the new truck.

I installed our lighted sunvisor upgrade and had them put in a different overhead console during the installation of the sunroof. I can't believe lighted sunvisors and Homelink aren't an option, much less standard equip on the Crewcabs.

I am amazed at the "factory" look of the sun roof. They (Classic soft Trim in Houston) did an excellent job. There's some things even I won't try to install and a power sunroof is one.

It also has the auto close feature. Pull the key out and the sunroof closes. never have to worry about it raining inside.

Let me know what you think.

I love this truck. It's going to be a fun project!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sweet!!!!
- What did it cost, sunroof inculded?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Wow, very nice. I too am interested what it cost installed. When it slides open, does it go up over the roof or into the roof between the headliner and the roof? Do you hapen to know the name brand of the sunroof?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jason,

Very nice! Have you figured out a way to intall a homelink with the small overhead console? Do you plan on opening the sunroof on the 3rd day of the 2nd week in Nov. in Houston or the 1st day of the last week on April?
Been to Houston, love the weather!!

Regards,

BobEdited by: Son of a gun

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually opened it when I got the truck back, but had to close it when my head started smoking.

It cost $1200 out the door.

When it opens it goes back inside the roof, between the headliner and the roof. See the second picture above. You can see where they re-worked the headliner to allow for this.

Hey Bob, we're actually going to start carrying a replacement console for your truck with Homelink. Look for it on the website soon. (Very factory looking)Edited by: Pendlum

·
Registered
540 Posts
Okay I give up. What's Homelink??

·
Registered
224 Posts
$1200 out the door isn't bad at all.. From the pictures it looks like a first rate job... I bet if I show the wife the pictures she'll want one..

Off topic question for you Jason.. - the fog light kit you sell on the website for the 03 Silverado, does it come with the lower fascia..? or is it just the lights and mounting brackets..?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blowingsmoke - Definitely show it to the Board of Directors. Once they see it, they will approve. Give me a call, you're more than welcome to come check out mine.

The fog light kit doesn't include the low fascia (makes shipping way too expensive), it includes the lights, mounting hardware, wire harness, switch (factory style) and instructions. What you'll do is cut the holes in the stock fascia for the lights. Easy to cut. If you don't want to cut it, I'll be happy to price out a kit for you with the fascia included.

Let me know

Forgot, the sunroof is made by http://www.webasto.us/home/en/homepage.html

JPEdited by: Pendlum

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Jason,

did you lose any headroom with headliner ? Any noise will driving ? Also, what are the numbered buttons for on the controller ( 1 and 2) ?

Thanks

ski

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only headroom lost is where the roof goes back inside. It lowered the dome light about an inch, but nothing noticeable. None lost up front.

The 1 & 2 buttons are two position open. 1 opens it about a 1/3 of the way. 2 opens it about 2/3's of the way. The C is for complete close.

To tilt it you just push the forward arrow button.

I really like the roof because it's just one touch opening. Meaning, you don't have to hold down the button all the time. Just push it once and it's done.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow!! That looks sweet!!!

Maybe a trip to Texas is in my future!!! A friend of mine had a sun roof installed in his vehicle and it leaked...they told him he wasn't supposed to take it through a car wash!! He told them no way, FIX IT!! Took 'em 3 times to get it not to leak...prety much tainted any thoughts of putting a sun roof in my truck....that is until I saw yours. Now, I assume yours doesn't leak when put through a car wash, right??

Thanks for the info, you have just lifted my hopes!!

Bob

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Texas is a long drive for me but I would be scared to get it installed anywhere else. They did such a nice job of yours. I see there are some dealers closer to me. Perhaps I will ask to see other installs they have done.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No leaks at all. It's already been through one of those day-long rains and it's still dry.

Definitely go check out other roof they have done. I would imagine all Classic Soft Trims have equal installers as they are a very big company and to continue working with dealerships, you can't have too many screwups.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Penlum, can you take a good picture of the top of the sunroof? I would like to see how they did the edging where they cut the roof. Thanks! Or at least can you explain it to me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very nice! 11 days till my Webasto Blue Heat install. They make some good quality products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts