Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pics of the straps we run while pulling. Pics compliments of Tomac.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm thats wierd they come up fine for me. I dont know much about posting pics , its kinda new to me.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
thats the dual strap setup I was running before I started lowering the torsen bars

now I run a single strap on the centerlink and lower the torsen bars

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
keep the front wheels from toeing in

·
Registered
471 Posts
Michael,

I don't like that, have you looked into something more stable? What is going to happen when that thing breaks? We saw an example in Union Grove this year and the tie rod bent I believe. We haven't put any restrictions on that as of yet, but I don't like the strap. The idea is novel, but there has to be a better way.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Is it not more likely to bend a tie rod end without the strap????? I use the same set-up as Tomac and when i pull, my tires stay straight and don't wave to the crowd like other ifs trucks with no straps. I would like to think that my truck should hold together better than a truck without those straps, hence being safer(which is obviously a concern) imho.

I am running into this problem where i pull. They just put a new rule in effect, that no straps on the front end of an ifs is allowed. I am looking into getting a centre link stabilizer or fabing something up. I don't have a problem conforming to the rules(though it looks like they wrote the rules around a cummins), but don't see anything wrong with the straps if your just a part time or couple time a year puller, why go to the hassle or expense. I haven't hurt my front end yet with the straps and i've pounded on her pretty good. If there starts to be problems then safety is a must, no doubt. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Eric,

I just use one strap in the middle of the centerlink when I'm pulling. I don't use any straps when dragracing.Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yea, drag racing is the only concern, not pulling. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My bad. Later Jeremy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.