Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had enough time to get the truck clean enough to take some pics now that hunting season is over. I've had the lift on since about August, but just recently got my wheels and tires put on. The lift is a Pro Comp 6" lift cranked to about 7.5"-8". The rear is custom 5" blocks and AAL's. The wheels are 17x8 MKW MK25's with 4" BS. I went with these because I wanted chrome, and I haven't seen anyone with them yet. The tires are 37x13.50 Toyo MT's. Kinda wide for the rim, but I was planning on a 12.5" wide tire until it fell through. Other new things I've put on are the Fabtech tie rods, billet grill and bowtie, and Rhino Lined Pro Comp skidplate. I also have the Fabtech pitman/idler, but thats coming off soon due to the recall. You can also see the Crown Performance Brake lines. I got them in green to match the truck. I also have a fullsize spare for offroading, but it's too bulky to carry everywhere. I'm debating whether to take down the stock spare because I could use it to limp to a tire shop if I put it on the front.

Here's one right after my lift:

And here are the new ones:

It looks like the back is much higher in this pic, but it's only 3/4" higher.

Might be a clearance problem with the front bumper. I trimmed the inner fender some on the driver front because of rubbing, but I haven't rubbed on the bumper yet. I haven't disconnected the swaybar and offroaded yet either. I'm hoping not to have to do a body lift, so I may be trimming the bumper soon.

What do you think about these angles? I don't think they are terrible. I have more thread on the screws to crank it up some, but I'm hesitant due to angles. What do you think? You can also see how my front axle seals are leaking.

Future plans:
Ditch the rear blocks for lift springs
4.88 Gears front and rear
Relocate rear lower shock mounts and u-bolt flip
Hi-Lift mount and Spare mount in bed
Possible Realift torsion bar relocators

Also, what do you guys think about painted mirror caps and handles? I always debate back and forth. Also what about the door badges? I'm thinking about taking them off when I polish it up in the spring. All constructive criticism is welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
very nice truck!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looks real good.

I've had the same wheels since march and still haven't seen anybody with them.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Shave the badges, it'll clean things up nicely.

Truck looks GREAT!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice truck!, Looks like mine. By the way, My front Cv angles are twice as bad as yours but no problems yet, not even a leak.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looks real nice bro, angles aren't bad at all. I have seen much much worse. I would also trim the bumper (cleanly) before I went the BL route, jmo.
Off topic, where is Middletown? I come to DE about 1 a year or so to visit a college buddy. For some reason that sounds real familliar.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
nice truck i like

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice truck.I've also seen worse angles with no leaks. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Very nice looking truck. Those tires fit in the wheel wells very nicely and I like the look of the resivoir dual shocks. Very nice. How does it run with the 4.88 gears? I too have the 6.0L and I am thinking a gear swap could be in my future. Thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Devil - I did a search and didn't even come up with anything on the MKW's....I thought I was the only one! :D How are yours holding up?

Collector - Thanks for all the help when I was looking into lift kits. You were definately right on with all the info. Hopefully the 37's hold me over a while before I get bitten by the 40" bug! ;)

BigAngry - Middletown is considered "Slower Lower" Delaware because it's below the C&D canal. It's pretty much South West of Newark. I work in Newark right by UofD and it takes me about 30 mins to get to work.

moore87 - No 4.88's yet, that just my future plan. I can tell you that I lost alot of arse when I put these 37's on. After the rear lift springs, I'll definately be putting money away for the gears. I can only imagine what I'll be lacking when I hook up the big boat to my truck!

·
Registered
447 Posts
thats a great lookin truck.

I don't know why everyone wants to remove the badges?

ashamed of the 2500HD?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I removed the ding guards, what a world of differance that made. But I Kept the 2500HD Badge-proud of it.
thats what I did also

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice Truck.

I would ditch the badges, they hold grime and water when trying to dry up after a wash. Plus IMO the body lines are nicer when they are not cluttered with badges and bump trim.

On your bumper trim...there is a small amount of adjustment in the brackets. I would loosen them and try to move forward before I got out the saw. I moved mine forward about 1/4" of a inch to clear some 35x13.50s on a 4" lift. Still had to trim a little of the lower valence, but it cleared the bumper with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts