Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Dec 8th, TPW was 1/23 and it was at the Dealer yesterday. I ran around to secure the financing and took delivery around 6pm tonight with 8 miles on her.

I traded a 2003 SVT Lightning in on it and this is night and day different. Its not any better or worse just a totally different type of vehicle. The thottle response isn't what I'm used to but I'm sure I'll get used to it after a few miles.

The Ride rocks, I was kinda worried it would be very stiff and jarring. Its stiff but its not jarring, it takes the bumps really well.

I *LOVE* all the toys! Leather, Heated Seats, Memory Seating, Moonroof, Auto Climate, Lights, and Mirrors. Thats what makes the truck for me :ro)

I was going to wait till tomorrow to take pics but I needed an excuse to go drive it so I grabbed the camera and went up to the local grocery store to get some pics. I'll get some better ones in the morning.

2006 4WD 2500HD Extended Cab Standard Bed LT3 with Moonroof, Offroad Tires, Tow Package, Onstar and XM. I think the only options I didn't want were Snow Plow Prep, Dual Alt and Skidplates.

I need to get some sidesteps, I'm only 5'7 and have jump in and out, I'm going to end up ruining the drivers seat if I don't get some on there soon.

Thanks to Howard I was able to get a GMSD number so the price was 40,056 minus the 500 rebate so I paid 39,556, sticker was 44 something or other. Thanks again Howard!

I can't wait to see how it tows!! :ro)
Its Greystone Metallic with Charcoal interior. Sorry the pics are dark :blahblah:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Sweet truck I want a white or black one. I hope you have lots o luck with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
:cool2: and I'm jealous. If everything goes well I'll have it on my driveway tomorrow night. Its white with leather dark charcoal with everything and everything HD2500/CC/SB/4WD. Supposed to have it Monday night but dealer screwed up.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great looking truck! I know you'll enjoy it. You might look at the Powersteps if you really want the good stuff! They are made by Amp Research in Irvine, CA. Not cheap, but they are an excellent product and they make it easy to enter and exit the truck. I have them on mine. One thing nice about them is they tuck up and out of the way when not in use.... a real plus for 4x4's that off-road.

Here's one link for their online sales. Numerous other dealers/installers around also. http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=3

·
Registered
26 Posts
CONGRATS! GREAT truck, and GREAT choice in color. Here's a pic of what I have done to mine... Cheers.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Ditto! Congratulatons!

·
Registered
193 Posts
8 weeks, huh, that meens I only have 7 weeks to go :) .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations TTA89!! It looks great! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice truck -- I just love that color - I wanted white or silver birch but after looking at some of these pictures you guy's are posting I just may get the gray metallic.

gcat

·
Banned
735 Posts
:cool2: Good luck with the new ride!!!!!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I took the long way to work this morning, up to 48 miles on her now. Almost broken in ;)

Looking forward to towing with it, this thing is huge compared to my last truck. It will take me a few days to get used to it! :cool2:

I like pulling up behind hondas at the stoplights and making them adjust there mirrors though. :lol:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Nice truck man. It looks great!!! Once it broken in and you get to romp on it, you will love it even more.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hell I put my foot to the floor with 9 miles on it. :ro)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
MIKE, GREAT LOOKING TRUCK!! ENJOY! ENJOY! Howard

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
looks great Mike!!!! I love my black truck, but the more I see that graystone metallic, the harder it is to decide which of the two colors I like better. Its really a nice color. Now get that nav unit installed!!!! :D

--Ben

1 - 20 of 28 Posts