Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my '06 dark blue LT2 ec sb 4x4 LBZ/6sp Allison 2500HD.
As reflected by my previous posts, I was somewhat concerned about how fast and powerful this big truck would be. My other truck is a Syclone and I've owned sportscars all my life. Well, after 300 miles and occasionally getting on it (driving gently most of the time, varying speed for proper break-in, and stomping on it for a short while here and there) I must say that I'm quite impressed and satisfied. The truck definitely has the power to spin the tires violently without the use of brakes. I've had it sideways in a turn, and spun through 1st gear from a 6-7 mph roll. This is an 8000 lb diesel truck!!! It feels like it would run low 15s, and is definitely not a speed demon, but way faster than the LLYs I drive at work, and definitely lots of fun all the time. I love it! I plan on using Stanadyne performance fuel additive, frequent maintanance, intake & exhaust and a programmer of some sort. I just wanted to share with everyone that is awaiting an LBZ on order or considering buying one, you will not be disappointed with the power at all, as long as we are being reasonable about what to expect from a huge diesel work truck. These things are badass!!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
4rotorCorvette
Enjoy it! Got mine early dec. & have 5K on it and am super pleased and it seems better every day. Started with stanadyne last week & am going to wait a while for some proven mods.
Have a nice day!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
man it is driving me crazy having waiting before i get a new LBZ as soon as i can i will be having one in may driveway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, mine is on a rail car headed to Houston as I type this wish monday wasnt a holiday. Good idea on fuel additives from the get go and I to will wait on mods as they are developed.):h :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
is there anyone out there that does not like there lbz powered
truck???? will soon be ordering a bowtie 3500 lt2. reading all these reports
is allready putting a grin on my otherwise bearded puss

·
Registered
499 Posts
is there anyone out there that does not like there lbz powered
truck???? will soon be ordering a bowtie 3500 lt2. reading all these reports
is allready putting a grin on my otherwise bearded puss
I admit it, I do not like my LBZ truck......I LOVE IT!!! :ro)

·
Registered
265 Posts
:ro)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my new LBZ last week. What a great truck!
I took it in to have Rhino lining and some other gadgets put on, about 150 miles round trip, averaged 16.8 mpg, non freeway driving, and lots of power. Can't wait to hook up to camper.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also did my Rhino lining today!!! It looks great and the quality is awesome. These trucks deserve it. I am also averaging about 16.8 mpg so far, seems to be improving and the power is unreal. I also love the 2" lift on HDs, I sit higher than most people. I like everything about the truck. Congratulations all and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
lets see some pics man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.