Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post so go easy guys!

I have been reading fuel filter posts (as well as many others) very diligently the last two weeks because I just purchased a 2002 Dmax. I decided to install a Perma-cool filter head on the frame rail. I made a bracket and got that mounted on the rail today. My original plan was to run a Cat 1R-0750 filter along with the Perma-cool head. My question is in regards to the filter that came with this head. Should I just throw this filter away? The info on this filter says it is 95% efficient on particals > 2 microns and also incorporates a filter media that blocks water. Along with this, is has a petcock on the bottom to drain off water if needed. I realize that Catepillar filters are probably one of the best on the market but this Perma-cool filter appears to be of pretty good quality. Would I be making a mistake by running this filter instead? I realize from all the reading I have done that my chances of getting measurable water is pretty small, so the added feature of the water block media and petcock will probably not be of much use. In addtion I have decided to run Primrose as and additive and will be ordering that next week. Any thought or opinions would be welcome.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey what is the PArt # for the Permacool head and where did you get it?

Mike

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I got mine at summit, part #PRM-81794. They sent an oil filter in the carton instead of the fuel filter though. Not a big deal, I've got plenty of Cat's laying around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my part number was also PRM-81794. Got it from Summit Racing. Cost was only $31.50 with a fuel filter included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts