Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow dieselmen and gassers.
I'm new and want to say thanks to all.
Been reading for a while. It's realy nice to have a site like this at our fingertips. Questions: Can a dealer tell if you used a programer such as quad or predator and returned to stock? Is there any evidence left behind like a reflash counter or history in the trucks computer?
You guys are great, thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not that I know of, but it wouldn't be very hard for GM to do.

I guess the upshot is that even if this functionality was incorporated into the PCM, 99% of the dealers out there would be too clueless to access it anyway. GM could of course provide a user-friendly mechanism to explicitly look for this, but then everyone would quickly know that they are checking for this.

Fortunately, we have a top 1%'er in our ranks who would tell us if GM was up to such things -- dmaxalliTech.

It probably is only a matter of time before GM begins using such functionality, especially if warranty work begins to increase as a result of people modifying their trucks. I don't think it will, however, since all you get under warranty is stock parts anyway -- and who wants those?

·
Registered
326 Posts
All of the programmers claim that their code is 100% transparent, so my guess would be that the dealers can't see it.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Why would they look ???
Lesson #1=> Learn how to shrug shoulders ....
Lesson #2=> Learn how to not volunteer info ....
Lesson #3=> Repeat I "I" don't "don't" know "know " .....

Mac

·
Registered
915 Posts
I told the dealer the commercials are full of shi.. They show a truck bouncing around pulling out a backhoe.. I broke both tie rods and cv joints.. I used that scenario.. They wouldn't go for it...
I couldn't keep from laughing though.. I just paid the man...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good one Morse! I would pay up also. I just wouldn't want them to decline a waranty for a light bulb or a switch because I had a programer. Probably best to keep it from them till we come to our own conclusions first. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts