Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spare Cash - What’s that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once it was all setup to tow, or whatever it was meant to do, where did you put your first after market dollars??

What was your FIRST purchase - the one that took you two weeks to bring up with your wife / girlfriend -- that you thought you could justify, but really the only person that bought the story was you
!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Quad 110, Bilsteins first. Exhaust and gages soon. Wheels and tires in the spring, hopefully. I probably should get a bedliner soon too, its starting to get scratched up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I figured it should get broken in before I do anything performance wise anyways.. Gave me lots of time to buy shiny stuff.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I spent well over $1600 when it had less then 500 miles on it.

I had the bed Line-Xd and bought the Rhino Wheel to Wheel steps and the Retrax bed cover.

Don't really think they help it look good or make it go faster, just make it better

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought mine the day before I went Elk hunting. When I got back, my computer performance box had came in. Since I sell truck accessories, I went ahead and ordered it ahead of time, threw it in when I got back. I later found, this being the very first computer add-on box (mfg by BullyDog) that it didn't work very well and ended up blowing up a full pressure regulation sensor. Blew it to pieces and had Diesel all over the engine compartment.

I then upgraded that to the second performance option for the Duramax, the Van Aaken 75hp box. I put it in a BullyDog 4" exhaust system, and a Holley replacement filter in the air box. My brother, who had a 2001 F250 Powerstroke wanted to race. He had a Superchip, Edge box, 4" exhaust, K&N filter kit, and Propane. I toasted him. Now he drives a Duramax.

Accessories are simple to get and put on. And you can well imagine that I have decked it out. When I get a pic I'll submit it in an appropriate forum. Now, I've finally finished the Fabtech 6" lift with double shocks on the front, but I don't know what 315 I want to go with. Too soft and they wear too quick, too hard and they don't perform well off road. I have Pro-Comp Xterrains on my Willys Jeep and I like them.

I'll listen to all opinions.Edited by: MacGordon

·
Registered
340 Posts
I spent Over $2000 in tires and rims the first couple weeks and then the exhaust the next week and then the Stealth tuner about a month later. Honestly dont know how I ever lived without the stealth? Or without a truck that fast???
I am one thats all for shinny but.... there is nothing better than just hittin the go peddel and lighting up your tires all the way down the block. Actually there is one thing better than that..... Beating rice burners and most sports cars!

Since I have given probably more info than you wanna hear.. I wish you the best of luck and be careful, its a never ending addiction!!!

Make sure you keep us posted on your progress!

Mike

·
Registered
946 Posts
I bought the Edge Juice/Attitude and love it. I just wish you could do more before having to spend so much to get a tranny to hold the power.

Tranny's are not cheap!

·
Registered
570 Posts
When mine gets here, first thing to do are; Suspension lift, wheels and tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts