Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a good review on all the various performance chip products on the market like Hypertech, Edge Products Juice, etc? I would really like to see a head to head comparison of each of these products but have not been able to locate anything on the web.

Also interested in best air filter intake and exhaust systems (stock, 4" and 5") to use with these for best and most reliable performance. Kennedy has some stuff on his site but I would like to see this done by an independent diesel performance expert.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Most of the HP/TQ numbers have been posted here in various threads.

A head to head has been done as well on Dyno's here in CT and in NC.

Nick has a Dyno day with MIKE L. coming up soon.

With the exception of the Hypertech and Banks 6 gun the numbers are available.

So, whatcha wanna know........???

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I can't quite figure out why we have a product review section here, but no products reviewed.

Ty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to see how each of the various performance chip systems perform at various settings they may have with HP and torque vs RPM. It would be nice to see how they do with various exhaust sizes with EGT( stock, 4 and 5") and different air box systems (stock, AFE, K&N,etc). Then it would be helpful to see the price of each to determine which is the best bang for the buck. It would be preferred to have all of this in one review. Does anyone have something like this? Edited by: tomtahoe

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
tomtahoe said:
I want to see how each of the various performance chip systems perform at various settings they may have with HP and torque vs RPM. It would be nice to see how they do with various exhaust sizes with EGT( stock, 4 and 5") and different air box systems (stock, AFE, K&N,etc). Then it would be helpful to see the price of each to determine which is the best bang for the buck. It would be preferred to have all of this in one review. Does anyone have something like this?

That's a pretty tall order ...

Easy part first ... The Airbox mod adds no HP and Torque along with the Exhaust system, zilch no matter what plug and play or programmer you chose or as a stand alone modification ...

What they do is increase airflow which is beneficial to a diesel ... Faster spool up is the end results along with lower EGT's with a free flow exhaust whether it is a straight pipe or a larger diameter pipe ...

As far as tuners you'll have to rely on individual results and opinions ... No one has access to all the available tuners on the market today nor would someone an individual want to purchase and do a comparison you desire .... For an independent reseller also to compile such info would be counter productive in sales and be putting all his eggs in one basket .... Every body and their brothers are selling chips today that's what makes sites like this BB priceless .... Each has it's place and use in the market along with pros and cons ....

Real life consumer using and providing info is most benificial ....

All the tuners have come onto the market one buy one over the last three years at some point they've all been tried and people have come forward with their opinion .... You'll have to do some research and come to your own conclusion ...

First things first if your looking to purchase performance products start with Exhaust and an either modified stock airbox or a whole different system ... Then gauges are a must and necessary ....

When you have interest in which tuner you have interest you will find plenty of info,believe me ....

Mean while check out the manufactures claimed power increase ,their dymo sheets on when power is delivered and compare to real world testing date that individuals have collected here,along with opinions ...

Good luck ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hey Mac-

tomtahoe and many others would benefit from seeing even individual product reviews. We have the forum allocation, why isn't it being utilized?

Seems like it might cut down on repeat threads every so often. Kind of like an FAQ topic.

Just an idea.

Ty

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
tysmith said:
Hey Mac-

tomtahoe and many others would benefit from seeing even individual product reviews. We have the forum allocation, why isn't it being utilized?

Seems like it might cut down on repeat threads every so often. Kind of like an FAQ topic.

Just an idea.

Ty

If someone wishes to submit a Duramax or Diesel product review contact the administrator .... We also have a Do it yourself and useful articles open and accessible to all ....

Nick is working on a Banks SixGun review look for more in the near future ....

For a site 5 months young, I think we've made great strives,more to come stay tuned....

Mac

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Indeed, boss. Indeed.

Just thought I'd stick a bug in the ear of someone a little higher up on the DP food chain...

Ty

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
tysmith said:
I can't quite figure out why we have a product review section here, but no products reviewed.

Ty

A review of a product takes many things into consideration.

Tuners, exhaust systems, gauges, spray in liners, steps, radios, etc.

Most of these items when reviewed by "US" meaning Diesel Place members can become topics of heated discussion.

One must therefore be very open minded when reveiwing. We as individuals are interested in these trucks, we all however have them mildly or extensively customized. I for one could write a dozen reveiws as many others can as well.

I am open for suggestions as I am sure all of us are. Suggestions Thread

I am starting a Poll in the product Reviews and I would appreciate everyone's feedback.

Thanks,

Product Poll

T
NY

Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts