Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know.

Just curious...

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
They use a converter core out of an 8.1 gas motor. The stall is way too high (400 rpm higher than diesel). I would imagine they have to cut the stator to lower stall and kill the low end while they do this.( no torque multiplication) You cannot increase converter clutch area without billet cover unless you overlap lock-up piston with a bigger lining. Kinda like putting a 10X10 rug in a 9X9 room.

mike

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
What i would like to know is, why does this outfit have Joe Webbs Duramax, parked in front of Suncoast i might add, in their advertisement? You will notice the Yukon next to it, that belongs to Joes wife. The pictures of the clutches are out of a Turbo 400 not Allison. Seems like they are getting a lot of things wrong.

mike

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
HOOt pointed out,the first go round on this subject, one of their images links back to this site also .....

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
that's definitly Joe's truck...........I abused it before I got my Suncoast

<font size="6">WTF....................</font>
Edited by: sdaver

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Maybe suncoast is offering a bargain line? At only 1900.00 dollars for transgo, converter and all 5 clutch packs, that is a hell of a deal. ( assuming it installs and works correctly).

ONEDIT: Maybe it is an xemployee or competitor really trying to rub it in? Kinda fishy whatever the case.Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
306 Posts
The items shown on thier web site are NOT Sun Coast. The master kit offered is NOT the Power Pak developed by Sun Coast/Alto. The torque converter offered is NOT a Sun Coast. Don't be too hard on the guy, maybe he did not want to put out the $43,000.00 to buy a truck to do the research on. Maybe they would like Sun Coast to send some pictures of their twin turbo Dodge and that big bad PSD Ford .

Smoop

·
Registered
89 Posts
SMOOP,

When you get the 6.0L 5r110 tranny complete on the FORD, save them the trouble and just e-mail it to them
. I bet his Web Designer works in the marketing department of BANKS. They are known to copy other companies products from time to time

Dennis

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
THE REAL DEAL HERE

Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey,

Check the SunCoast price list....prices have come down! $2195 for stage 3!!! So, really no savings advantage to the Xerox company.

Wayne

·
Registered
306 Posts
The clutches in their "Master Overhaul Kit" are not RED EAGLE.

they are stock replacement for OEM and are red in color, ain't the same.

Smoop

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do not buy from this outfit!!!!!! I bought a 700R4 from them a few years ago. It was junk and they are jerks. It was a "Raptor" Some of you have probably heard of it and not to buy it. tpitt

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Not trying to stand up for them or anything, but where would they even get 8.1 cores from, are there that many cores out there?

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
White Duramax said:
Not trying to stand up for them or anything, but where would they even get 8.1 cores from, are there that many cores out there?

Dime a dozen. Want to buy some? These converters are pretty close to the diesel except the stator. The 8.1 stators have smaller openings(we call them windows). They will never work properly, you will have no low end and torque mutiplication will be nill if they are modifyed for the diesel(lower stall). If they are not modifyed, the high stall will kill any power you have(it will be useless rpm's making noise and nothing else.) Diesels have a very small window(rpm wise) for making power. Torque converter design is critical in making the torque between 1600 rpm and 3200 rpm in the Duramax. Many converter rebuilders use Cummins experience to build converters for the Fords(which make no low end power) and the Duramax which has a much broader torque and horsepower curve.(Cummins starts its power at around 1400 rpm and is finished at 2600 rpm) that converterwould kill a Ford PSD and a Duramax. Some people are in it for the money and don't care. Don't be fooled by price. Do it right the first time.

mike

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dont worry I wouldnt ever get that, I am going triple disc. I just wondered where all the cores are coming from, have that many already been replaced? I understand what you are saying about the stall and rpm range, there would be a huge difference between the max and 8.1.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts