Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm losing it. I removed my unifilter about a month ago after I installed my juice because I got the check engine light and thought it might be the MAF sensor. Well I reinstalled it today. The truck really doesn't seem to run as well. Less acceleration more engine noise and more smoke. I have know idea why this would be. Anyone heard this before? I put the stock filter back in and it runs perfect.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Can you possible be pushing it to far down in the bottom half of the air box restricting airflow ??? Or have you attempted to blot some oil from the filter ??
I'm not very familiar with the UNI but it is possible with other oily couch cushion brands to have those type conditions .....

Mac

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I blotted the filter, and I think there is only one way it will go into the air box. Any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
disconnect your airbox from the intake tube. take a flashlight and look down the tube past the MAF and see if you see any oil in there.. it will be obvious and look like it went past the MAF and hit the tube... my buddy's truck had that from an Amsoil filter w/ too much oil.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diesel Power, I didn't see any oil past the MAF. Even if it was over oiled I can't imagine it would be more restrictive than the stocker. Could it be too free flowing? Are you running the UNI? I bought the filter from your web site.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A few Jaguar forums address problems with oil soaked filters and the MAF sensors. This has caused problems with the Jaguars for over a decade.

The oil fumes are sucked into the intake duct and coat the MAF. When the MAF heats up it hardens the oil on it and after a while ruins the MAF.

Not sure if it will cause problems in our diesel trucks. Our MAFS are engineered to heat up much more then the ones on gassers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure the element isn't over oiled. Any other reason why it would run worse with the UNI?

·
Banned
394 Posts
BLAME IT ON THE POO....THE POO DID IT....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts