Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Cat filter and changed the OEM filter 100 miles later. Seems to have a reduction in power now. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know whether the engine is just running smoother and seems less powerful or wheter there has been a performance reduction. Only real test is when I tow my trailer which won't be until March. Kind of baffles me at the moment.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
1822 said:
I just installed my Cat filter and changed the OEM filter 100 miles later. Seems to have a reduction in power now. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know whether the engine is just running smoother and seems less powerful or wheter there has been a performance reduction. Only real test is when I tow my trailer which won't be until March. Kind of baffles me at the moment.

If you went in the "in" and out the "out" lines are tight and non restrictive,system is bleed,you should see no performance difference ....

All I've noticed is a smoother quieter idle ....

I dyno'd my truck also recently ,lost NAFT ....

Hope you get her figured out ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i would make sure you have the block-off plate and bleed bolt on the cat head tight. if you forgot to tighten them chances are you'll end up with some air..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything on the install looks fine with no air at the bleeder. I think it is just running smoother and feels less powerful as a result. Put some miles on this week and it seems to climb hills the same as before when you put the hammer down, just quieter and smoother.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed my Nicktane kit this morning at my buddy's shop! Took 2 hours to install.(Real nice to hoist up the truck & use a tranny jack to lower the fuel tank.) Couldn't get the QD off with my bud's (probably expensive) disconnect tool from Mac tools. Use the Lisle brand, it works better. I have to agree with 1822's post, my truck seems a tad bit slower now from 0-90 mph
, but the engine is definitely running quieter & smoother! So as long as my injectors are happy
, I'm happy. If I can't deal with the perceived loss of power, I'll probably get a Quad or the Juice!

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts