Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Well, that certainly looks like it is nicer than most of the ones on the market... :cool2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I need a new motor for my truck i'm ordering it from you. Really though that is a nice piece. What other goodies you got going in that thing

·
Registered
446 Posts
wow grape very good looking motor, and very nice handy work.
Now does that just rest ontop of the caps?
I would think the caps arnt going to get torqued down properly unless you have some kind spacer to go between that and where the bolts meet the caps. That looks pretty thick, but it seems like it could be prone to cracking. I am no engineer or mechanic, just know what I need to keep my tuck running those were just some thoughts I had.

·
Registered
269 Posts
hmm from what i can see it needs a lil more work the mains need too be milled flat and you need a set of spacers for the outter bolts unless you already have all this figured out

and if you do i have a set of mains i will be sending you for the process

i done this on a 292 chevy straight six a few years ago she dumped around 500 ponies reliably after that of course not normally asperated lol

but like i say if you already have the process perfected just let me know how much

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you don't mind my asking grape, Why did you go with a timing chain instead of gears? Awsome looking build-up by the way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rock_shoes;1608285; said:
If you don't mind my asking grape, Why did you go with a timing chain instead of gears? Awsome looking build-up by the way.

because it was the most cost effective to butcher up and make an adjustable cam sprocket with....:eek::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts