Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pcv is allowing what seems to be to much oil vapor through so that it is reaccumulating in the turbo output. When the pcv is removed from the intake side of the turbo the oil stops accumulating. Do these go bad or need periodic replacement. At my last oil change my truck anly consumed 1/2 a quart of oil in 3600 miles which did not seem excesive to me. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
That is called the Crankcase Depression Regulator CDR, and functions to regulate a small negative pressure in the crankcase, around 4 - 6" wc. 27"wc is 1psi.

This prevents oil leaks, while blow-by and other vapors are drawn into the intake system to be burned along with the fuel.

What you are seeing is normal. I wash the engine every three months, coincidental with that oil beginning to leak from the bottom of the compressor housing.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
This oil is normal, but if your seeing it around your turbo housing, or upper intake, you should seal it with rv sealer, as this means compression is leaking too. When this is properly sealed it won't leak a drop, because you'll be burning it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmm 1/2 quart per 3600 miles mine has used more since new your oil use is very good. Seal leaks per Quantum, should be good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts