Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger seat belt on my 2003 always locks up and has to be unlatched and retracted all the way and re-done to get it free. Then within minutes it's locked up again.

Is this normal? It's a real pain in the neck for the passenger. Is this something that can be fixed? Next time the truck goes in for service I plan on having it looked at.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
They had some issues with seatbelts early on, that would do the same thing. Will probably need replacing. Just make sure you are not extending the seatbelt all the way out then fastening it. If you pull it all the way out it activates the seatbelt to lock in place as you pull it in. They do this for things like child seats, so they are locked down properly.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
wow i thought my wife was the only one to complain about that my 97 k1500 did the same thing i always told her it was her fault:rolleyes: .now i bought the 04 first thing she start complaining about the seatbelt so to make her happy i took it to the dealer they replaced the seatbelt assemblie now no problems from my wife:D .all is good i still think shes a little crazy;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we are not pulling them all the way out. It happens to any passenger, my wife, my dad, me. It sucks and is a major pain.
Guess that's what warranties are for.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
BSeery;1580677; said:
2003 GMC 2500HD - 2WD Extended cab, 35K miles, all stock, fully loaded.

Not for long :beerchug:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HD-Nate;1581006; said:
Not for long :beerchug:

Yep, need to get the new Edge products installed. Hopefully this weekend (if it's warmer out).

Next up I will be looking for a set of K5LA's (maybe a set of 'muted') so I can scare the piss out of the kids as they go to school in the morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts