Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G-day,
does anyone know where i could find pictures of parts in a 6.5TD (websites or books). its all great to know what to check, but theres parts here i just dont know what they are. Any help would be appreciated.

great site here too...
cheers

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
www.rockauto.com will often have pictures of the parts they have listed for the 6.5L. Not always, but sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so much... I hope to repay the help...
anyway, its back to touble shootin for me...
cheers

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Well if you need some help post the details up here and somebody will have the answer.

If you fix it you could also help others by putting the details up and how it was fixed.

Later..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had the truck for less than a year, in this time, its blowing black smoke (no load), and wont boost over 5psi,
has a noticeable knock from 1 of the cylinders, changed the injectors, but didnt help.
2 days ago, started to blow heaps of white/black smoke, maybe grey, rough accelleration, and large amout of soot blowing out of the exhaust.
I will be taking pictures as i work on it, for this post, it should be interesting.
waiting for SnapOn to turn up with a scanner for the codes.
Thanks for your time, kindly appreciated.
cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all... thanks for the help, your website is great.
finally fixed my issues, lmao... but not totally by me, had a mate do most of the work. What the problem was, some pushrods went through the lifters on the 3 rear cylinders, thus why the white smoke of unburned fuel, very low oil preasure, lack of power, exhause now is quieter, the loud knock is gone now and has good power. Changed 8 pushrods, 10 lifters, head and intake gaskets and the injectors (injectors didnt need replacing). Fuel pump and turbo were fine and luckily didnt take the advise from folks who said "change or fix it".
So i was told the fuel pump rearly breaks down and we looked for other things and found them, the pmd has been mounted in front of the radiator 10 years ago and still workin fine... the only thing i could advice to anyone here is to use a quality oil (even though i have been) like repsol and to fit good dual electric fans to your radiator, these engines really dont like heat, and if it gets any, something WILL give. lastly, the truck dont blow ANY smoke, none at all, even at night when you look in the rear view mirror from the vehclie's headlights behind.
Regards to all...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Not to spoil your accomplishments... You probably should have replaced all the lifters while you were at it. At least if it happens again you will know what is needed to do.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, know what you mean... but parts here are really expensive (AU$110 per lifter) and the other lifters were checked and seemed to be sweet, the head was flowed checked and valves and spings were all ok, the push rods that were replaced had wear marks... ohh and the lifters were opened and just the internal part was replaced by the same GM lifter (common part and cheap), as the lifter cases were ok too... as you see, i have more time than money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts